PDA

View Full Version : Contract Process?

Lguinee
01-06-12, 07:54 PM
Hello, I just started my process to enlist as a reserve marine, and I'm getting extremely confused with the contracting process. When I spoke to a few Former Marines (enlisted around 15 years ago and are now out) they had told me the process was more of a "Tell your recruiter your MOS you want, if they don't have it thank them for their time and wait around for a call with it's availability" seeing as that's what they both did.

However while talking to my recruiter the other day, he had mentioned that you have two contracts to sign? Like one contract for a boot camp date and then one for your MOS. I didn't understand how that works.

Also this morning I got a phone call from my recruiter where he told me he has a reserve position for infantry that leaves in May. The whole thing of is it one contract or two and do you know what your MOS is when you sign, it's getting me confused and I keep getting told something different.

Sorry for the whole long message.

Thanks!
-Luke

Tennessee Top
01-07-12, 12:57 PM
Only a recruiter can clarify this for you (it's their job to know the process). Seems to be different rules when it comes to active duty or reserves so I wouldn't want to tell you something wrong.

You should trust what your recruiter tells you (not former Marines who were in years ago as things constantly change).

Maybe a recruiter will be by here soon to answer your question.

Good luck.

Tookie22
01-10-12, 01:01 AM
Im pretty sure he was talking about when you dep in you sign an Open contract. Once you are a poolee you will sit down with the recruiter see what jobs you qualify for and sign the "second" contract which is your mos. That would replace the "first" one. At least thats the best way I can decipher it with personal experience. Now the 03xx contract will be your only contract if you sign it. Am I making any sense? ANy other Marine can try to translate what the heck Im trying to explain.