PDA

View Full Version : help! MOS question & PCS question!

bliss127
01-05-12, 02:59 PM
haven't posted on here in a while...but my husband is almost done with MOS school (he's @ camp pendelton, ca right now finishing up his MOS school, which is fixed airframe mechanic on huey's & cobra's)...from my understanding, he should be finding out where he's going to be stationed at 2 weeks (or roughly) before he graduates on Feb. 2nd. from what he has told me we could be moving to :: California, Florida, Hawaii or Japan. He also told me he was able to put in "a special form" to have his "top" picks of bases, and he requested California (i'm assuming Camp Pendelton) I'm just really out of options with who to contact to figure out if those are the only 4 places we could go! Any kind of help would be much appreciated!

Lisa 23
01-05-12, 03:03 PM
DO NOT contact ANYONE! I understand you would like to know where you'll be going to, you just have to be patient and wait......

bliss127
01-05-12, 03:19 PM
hah alright! I'm just very anxious!

MOS4429
01-05-12, 05:10 PM
haven't posted on here in a while...but my husband is almost done with MOS school (he's @ camp pendelton, ca right now finishing up his MOS school, which is fixed airframe mechanic on huey's & cobra's)...from my understanding, he should be finding out where he's going to be stationed at 2 weeks (or roughly) before he graduates on Feb. 2nd. from what he has told me we could be moving to :: California, Florida, Hawaii or Japan. He also told me he was able to put in "a special form" to have his "top" picks of bases, and he requested California (i'm assuming Camp Pendelton) I'm just really out of options with who to contact to figure out if those are the only 4 places we could go! Any kind of help would be much appreciated!

SoftballCatch23 is correct, there is nobody for you to contact. This is the beauty of the Marine Corps, waiting for the exciting news of where you get to spend the next few yeas of your life. Few others have the opportunities that Marine spouses do to live in different areas around the country and even overseas. Cost you a fortune to do so privately.

So sounds like his options are the fairly typical East, West, and over there and that on his "dream sheet" he has put down West.

In addition to Camp Pendleton, he could get orders to MCAS Miramar just east of San Diego. If East, possibly MCAS Cherry Point or MCAS New River which is on Camp Lejeune. If over there meaning Japan, MCAS Iwakuni or if Okinawa, Japan, then MCAS Futenma.

You can google any of those and see where they are located and go to their websites and read up all about them. That would be your best contact.

Tennessee Top
01-06-12, 01:42 AM
The Marines who decide where your husband goes are called "monitors". They used to work at Headquarters Marine Corps in Arlington, VA but may be at Quantico, VA now I don't really know. How much his "dream sheet" will play in the final decision nobody but his monitor really knows but the needs of the Marine Corps always outweigh everything else. To answer your question, those are not the only 4 places you could go...it all depends on where his monitor needs him.

Like has already been said above, there is nobody for you to contact. This decision is out of yours and your husband's hands. In the USMC, we are given our orders and then carry them out to the best of our abililties. Sometimes, we are asked for our preferences but that is all they are...there is never a promise you'll get what you ask for (unless it's put in writing somewhere).

Good luck and let us know how it works out for you.

bliss127
01-06-12, 10:19 AM
ty everyone!

Christina18
01-11-12, 07:39 PM
While you are waiting to find out where your husband is going to stationed, think of things on the bright side, you will be together again and you will be able to travel with him! Sometimes it can take longer to find where he will be stationed. When my fiance' was getting ready to finish up his mos they were changing where he was going constantly. So please take my advice and wait until he gets his orders to which station he will be based at!