PDA

View Full Version : Just enlisted under Aircrew, anything I need to know?

Mvalle0926
01-04-12, 01:31 AM
I am 17 and I swore in on November 10th.
I just recently filled out the paperwork to put me on my way for Aircrew after basic. I looked up what I could about it on the Marine Corps website but I still feel as if it hasn't given me a clear understanding of my future job. I am curious as to how long the schooling is, what I will actually be doing and, what to expect. Any help is highly appreciated.
Thank you

lamanognr86
01-04-12, 06:47 AM
I bet my life that Softball will chime in and say, "there is nothing basic about boot camp." Nothing against you, just a little humor to pass time. By the way, there is absolutely nothing basic about boot camp.

Lisa 23
01-04-12, 08:28 AM
I bet my life that Softball will chime in and say, "there is nothing basic about boot camp." Nothing against you, just a little humor to pass time. By the way, there is absolutely nothing basic about boot camp.
:thumbup: :D

Tennessee Top
01-04-12, 11:19 AM
Well, they beat me to it. If you joined the Army you would be heading to basic training. But, since you enlisted in the USMC, you will be going to bootcamp instead.

Sorry, can't answer your questions about the MOS but hopefully someone who can will stop by soon.

Good luck.

MOS4429
01-04-12, 02:35 PM
Just aircrew? Vague.

Try http://www.marines.mil/news/publications/Pages/Publications22.aspx

http://usmilitary.about.com/od/enlistedjo2/a/8972.htm

What MOS field are you enlisting under?

robbyj
01-06-12, 09:56 PM
At NAS Pensecola, asked some aircrew guys, they said to PT alot and get good at swimming.

Apache
01-07-12, 03:39 PM
Don't let an NCO tell you to taxi an F4 and then laugh his a off when the d-- thing
Starts GAINING speed

Many moons ago in Nam

SGT7477
01-08-12, 09:44 AM
Basic, you will learn quickly,lol,Semper Fidelis.

SGT7477
01-08-12, 09:47 AM
I am 17 and I swore in on November 10th.
I just recently filled out the paperwork to put me on my way for Aircrew after basic. I looked up what I could about it on the Marine Corps website but I still feel as if it hasn't given me a clear understanding of my future job. I am curious as to how long the schooling is, what I will actually be doing and, what to expect. Any help is highly appreciated.
Thank you
BTW Jody is a basic dude that will take care of everything,Semper Fidelis.:D

Yonkers
01-08-12, 11:13 AM
You will swim, a lot, you will also spend a lot of time at NAS Pensacola. Best advice for that is: The schoolhouse is not the fleet, don't lose your mind.

Good luck to ya,

LCpl Yonkers