PDA

View Full Version : Change of MOS?

jeonpaolo
12-31-11, 08:05 PM
Evening Marines,
So I have a question, first some background info though. I am currently in SOI, more specifically ITB. Early this month I got transfered from my training company to medical rehab platoon as I got bad muscle spasms in my left side of my back AND Patellofemoral Syndrome, Iliotibial Band Friction & Tendinitis in both my knees. Yes I know, as my rehab Sgt said when he was counseling me, im basically a wreck. Doctor expects is to heal though soon. Well I am on leave right now and it was getting better but then it randomly starting hurting a few days ago. Despite what the doctor said, I do not expect my knees to get better. I really love the Marine Corps and definately do not want to get seperated from service but I was wondering if there is anyway I can get a change of MOS? I know my body well and I'm pretty sure my body cant perform as expected in the infantry. I honestly tried sucking it up but it doesn't work in my favor. How would I be able to request a change of MOS? I have been in active duty since July 11 by the way. Thanks!

BGW
12-31-11, 09:14 PM
From what I have seen if you you get stuck for to long at SOI some Marines lose their spot for the school house and is just thrown into another MOS. Especially the infantry, if you cant get through ITB then they will put you in another MOS and so that you can go through the shorter version of SOI.

Parks
12-31-11, 10:08 PM
I had a buddy that went from 0311 to 0111 due to a broken back, but he had already completed several years as a grunt.