PDA

View Full Version : Lat move advice

Gelso
12-31-11, 03:04 AM
Ok i will try to keep it quick. I am a Sgt 7yrs was in the below zone this time I am currently on recruiting duty with about 2 yrs left out here my pmos is 7011. I am looking to lat move not to sure to what just yet keeping an open mind even to warrant officer. My thing is I may "hope" make ssgt out here and I am not sure how that will effect me doing a lat move and what jobs would be open to me. I know talk to a planner... But being out here it is a little harder to do so and also I would like to hear from some marines who may have gone through this or can offer some advice so I can be sure to make a good choice in not only my new mos but also one that will take a sgt or above and I can continue to advance in.

Ps: need more info just ask me.

smiley26
01-29-12, 09:23 PM
I'm kind of in the same position as you. I am also on recruiting duty with a little over two years left. I want to lat move but I am already selected to staff. I will be leaving this duty as a SSgt but I still want to lat move. I have been searching all over the place and what I have come up with so far is that lat moves typically only get approved for FTAP Marines that are re-upping and at the time of re-enlistment. Typically the don't get approved for career Marines except on a case by case... which to me means unless you have a general's recommendation it's gonna be pretty much a no go. The min. time to be eligible for lat move is three years and the max is 10. I will be under the max by the time that i leave this duty so I'm still gonna try... the worst they can tell me is no.