PDA

View Full Version : Recon Indoc at Camp Lejeune?

Joeyt07
12-30-11, 04:51 PM
I'm about to deploy on the 24th MEU in the March time frame and my command wants me to get my package started for BRC as well as hopefully take an indoc before I leave so when I get back I will already have the ball rolling. Does anyone know if Camp Lejeune has a Recon Indoc?

fjmas1976
01-04-12, 11:02 AM
Back when I was at Lejeuene in 1997, they had one. Recon Marines were making visits to various spots around Lejeune, asking who the most squared away Marines were at that shop, and talking up a Recon Indoc to them. I spoke briefly to them, said I had no f'n intention or desire to try. No idea if they actually did have one.

FoxtrotOscar
01-04-12, 11:08 AM
Yes, they do....

FistFu68
01-04-12, 05:41 PM
:evilgrin: Yepper BuBa see that Big WaterTower? Well 1st,your gonna Climb tha Ladder only using Your Hands and Arms no Boot Action...Like Climbing Monkey Bar's Vertically,and then Your gonna do PullUps from the outside of tha HandRail,Don't Worry 'bout Tha Height 'cause when You Fall off or Tha Rail Breaks It's not Tha Height of tha Fall that KILL's Ya~~~It's tha Sudden STOP :scared: GoodLuck and have Funn...Ricky Recon...I DID Semper Fidelis :beer:

FistFu68
01-04-12, 06:05 PM
:evilgrin: Actually during Mine and Your Era Dave 2nd.Force Recon used too use tha H20 Tower at Camp Geiger...But Hell don't even know if that Hell Hole still Exsists? If I remember tha Bn.Recon's were down on Onslow Beach in a Purdy Cozy set of SquadBay's set up like Beach Bungallo's :beer:

FistFu68
01-04-12, 06:13 PM
:evilgrin: Yeah when I saw them Bolts all Rusty and about too Break Apart from all tha Swaying~~~I'm thinking 2 Myself when We fall I'm gonna grab this Muscle Bound Ape next to Me and Twist His Big ASS around and Land on Top of Him and Use Him as My Rubber Lady :D Always had a nack for Instinctavely Thinking ahead or Better Him than Me!!! :marine:

Hammer
01-04-12, 08:24 PM
In 1963 Force was at Geiger for a while; then went to New River, then later to mainside. When I came back to Lejeune from Nam, they were at Onslow Beach. In between times, they were often at Stone Bay before Stone Bay was used to hold the overflow of Marines coming from PI due to the buildup to undergo ITR. Not enough room at Geiger.

oneshot5072
07-26-17, 09:37 PM
Yeah.....Watched a guy "Bounce" off the ground while rappelling the tower at Onslow Beach.....What fun times....77-80.