PDA

View Full Version : Alligator Marines in Dunedin

tloh
12-18-11, 10:12 PM
My father, William (Bill) Potter was one of the original Alligator Marines that trained at Dunedin, Florida just before WWII. He met and married my mother, Sara Reddick, there. A friend is writing a book on those Marines and I would love to hear from anyone who has any information on their training, daily lives, romances, etc. I understand that they had a mascot, a dog named Screwball. Does anyone remember him? Thanks!

Lisa 23
12-18-11, 10:18 PM
Double posting isn't allowed. You already have this topic posted in Open Squad Bay that you started on 12-11-11.
PM Sgt Leprechaun and ask him to move your original topic in Open Squad Bay to the Looking for a Leatherneck forum.

elliscraig12
12-18-11, 11:00 PM
I can respect the fact that you're looking for info on you're father, there is no greater pride than to be a U.S. Marine, or to be the son/daughter of one, but could you follow the site rules and fill out your profile.

You will find most Marines here helpful in your quest to find the information that you seek. I Googled what you could have and shared that info with you. If that wasn't good enough for you, then I doubt you'll find much more here. There aren't many left from that generation, so keep in mind, your resources are limited.