PDA

View Full Version : Confirmation of marriage information

Rogue88
12-05-11, 08:57 PM
Evening Marines,

I have been searching around trying to find information on marriage in security forces. I was able to find this thread that discussed marriage once a Marine arrives at his first duty station:

http://www.leatherneck.com/forums/showthread.php?t=107302&highlight=married+security+forces

(I hope I did that ^^^ right)

My question is if that same information applies to security forces PRP? One of the bullets I had to sign off on in my SOU was "I am not married" however my recruiter told me this only applies until you reach your first duty station. Is this correct?

My girlfriend and I had been trying to decide when was the first possible time we could be married. So I am trying to confirm if what I read in the link also applies even when I signed off on "I am not married"

Thank you in advance Marines

Rogue88
12-05-11, 10:40 PM
Is my profile information insufficient?

Sgt Leprechaun
12-05-11, 11:45 PM
As far as I know, the only billet that you cannot be married in during your first tour is Embassy duty (which is a 'B' billet anyway).

And don't stress the fact that someone hasn't answered you...only a certain few of us CAN give answers to certain questions, so it's no big deal.

Rogue88
12-06-11, 01:26 AM
As far as I know, the only billet that you cannot be married in during your first tour is Embassy duty (which is a 'B' billet anyway).

And don't stress the fact that someone hasn't answered you...only a certain few of us CAN give answers to certain questions, so it's no big deal.

Great information Sgt, that's exactly what I was hoping to hear.

And sorry about stressing over my profile. This was the first thread I have posted and I've seen Poolee's questions not being answered for not having enough profile information so I thought this might be the case with mine as well.

Thank you again

Sgt Leprechaun
12-06-11, 06:28 PM
No worries. Good luck!

Asked/Answered/Closed.