PDA

View Full Version : Individual Augmentation

lharley
12-02-11, 07:28 PM
Does anyone have any info or advice that they can give me on putting in an individual augmentation package? My unit has been slotted to deploy for the past two years and it has yet to happen. Such is the way of the Marine Corps. I'd like to get a deployment under my belt before the Corps starts drawing down. Thanks in advance.

JoshLittle
12-02-11, 07:31 PM
Well, it depends on the needs of the other unit. If you know what unit you want to Deploy with you should give that section a call and see if they can request you. I'm Augmented over to MWSS-371 right now as a Radio Operator and the way I was selected to do this was by the needs of this Unit. I don't know about a package having to be submitted; however, I do know that you'll have to go through your chain of command for this.

Edit; Also, if you're going to want to get any more help, you may want to update your Profile Information more.

BGW
12-02-11, 09:12 PM
Its hard man, comes down to who you know that is willing to look around and pull some strings for you. Might be best to either trying talking to your monitor or have a higher enlisted Marine you know that by chance knows your monitor and have them speak on your behalf.

Also, always remember OPSEC so you better not put to much unnecessary information in your profile. We dont take these usless anual bull**** training classes for no reason you know.