PDA

View Full Version : Shipping out 20111212......I have a few Questions

btholt92
12-01-11, 10:08 PM
Hello Marines I am a Poolee and am shipping out in 11 days and I just have a few questions about Bootcamp.

First I just wanted to know what happens if anything on Christmas day, does it have any effect on what the DI's will have us do that day?

Second I wanted to know if having a size 14/15 shoe will have any effect on getting boots issued to me? my only concern is being issued a size 13 because that's all they have on hand and I will have to deal with jamming my feet in them getting some kind of foot injury.

The last thing I would like to know is how much does Winter Bootcamp differ from Summer Bootcamp? Ive heard smaller Platoon sizes and Ive also heard that most of the Recruits will be older than say in the Summer when most fresh out of high school kids go.

Thanks

DanM
12-01-11, 11:26 PM
The fresh out of high school kids will have been in DEP for 6 to 9 months,do the math and figure it out.

Frankydp
12-01-11, 11:38 PM
Smaller platoons is probably true. I went during dec jan feb and only had 4 platoons in the company and only 40 recruits in each platoon, which is very small. We also had alot of 20+ year old recruits.

You will be put in running shoes if they don't have the boot but I doubt it will be an issue this time of year.

x-mas is like a Sunday, you can figure out what that is when you get there

btholt92
12-02-11, 02:03 PM
I appreciate the quick responses, Thanks for helping Marines!

93Reaper
12-03-11, 11:05 AM
I second everything that the Staff Sergeant said above. We just set up our squadbay before we left for a platoon of 53 recruits. We graduated with 80. Have fun with 3 squad drill i heard it sucks.

btholt92
12-03-11, 04:06 PM
I second everything that the Staff Sergeant said above. We just set up our squadbay before we left for a platoon of 53 recruits. We graduated with 80. Have fun with 3 squad drill i heard it sucks.

I would appreciate it if you could explain what 3 squad drill is?

Thanks

93Reaper
12-03-11, 04:36 PM
I would appreciate it if you could explain what 3 squad drill is?

Thanks
Well instead of having four squads (columns or how you form up in a formation for poolee functions) you only have 3 squads. Look it up on youtube or google if i sucked at explaining it.