PDA

View Full Version : Death in family 10 days before leave!

MosEllis
11-30-11, 10:44 PM
My grandmother just passed away today and I need to be there when they lay her to rest I was suppose to leave in November but it got pushed back i also don't want to miss starting to become a marine . I just want to know that if I leave to boot would I be able to attend her funeral for emergency leave if she died before I left .and o read somewhere that they allow you to wear service uniform with no medals on it please help I need answers quick ..and thanks in advance for your answers

Lisa 23
11-30-11, 10:50 PM
My grandmother just passed away today........
I just want to know that if I leave to boot would I be able to attend her funeral for emergency leave if she died before I left .

In one sentence you said she passed away today, and in another sentence, you want to know if you'll get leave if she died before you left.
I don't mean to come across as being rude.......but either your grandmother passed away today or she didn't.

Lisa 23
11-30-11, 11:05 PM
Also....if a family member does pass away while you're at recruit training, they should contact the American Red Cross, and then they will contact the proper personel at MCRD.

Sgt Leprechaun
11-30-11, 11:35 PM
I also understand you are grieving but DANG how about some sentence structure...

Seriously disjointed here...

As far as leaving in the middle of Recruit training...NOT a good idea at all. And if I recall correctly, unless she literally raised you, grandparents don't qualify for 'emergency leave'.

And NO, you can't wear a uniform unless you EARN the title, funeral or not.

MosEllis
11-30-11, 11:38 PM
I didn't really reread what I wrote .she passed today I was asking about the Corps policy for family passing away before the recruit gets to boot if the funeral is like two days after I get to San Diego could I leave to attend

Sgt Leprechaun
11-30-11, 11:40 PM
First, my condolences on your loss.

Does this mean the issue is now solved?

MosEllis
11-30-11, 11:42 PM
Yes sgt thank you

Sgt Leprechaun
12-01-11, 12:05 AM
Roger. Closed.