PDA

View Full Version : Camp Pendleton motorcycle

Time Bandit
11-17-11, 08:58 AM
Good morning to you all I'll be going to Pendleton soon and cant get my bike (KLR650) over there so I plan on buying a new used one, my question is what kind of riding enviroment is it? I was thinking of a 250-350cc enduro but people tell me to get off base you have to drive on a lot of highway(worried about overheating) and are their a lot of dirt trails? I grew up on dirt bikes so thats what I'm used to but I was considering a road bike, not into the high speed ninjas or anyhting.

AKA HITMAN
11-17-11, 09:41 AM
www.district37ama.org (http://www.district37ama.org) Desert Racing/Trail Riding/Dual Sport Forums. You need to register, but its well worth it. They have a thriving dual sport forum and gets quite a bit of participation. Myself, I gave up competitive racing and strictly do offroading and dual sport in Texas. I have a '05 TM530 and does well around town, highway, not too good on long hauls. KLR650 or a XR650 would work well on highway jaunts.

Time Bandit
11-17-11, 11:12 AM
Awesome that's exactly what I needed, appreciate it, by the way is getting out of base a long ride on the highway? It looks like there's a lot of riding to be done all over CA so I'm thinking 350+cc's.