PDA

View Full Version : 10th Marine 2nd Battalion Headquarters Battery

Littlegraybook
11-14-11, 07:24 PM
Hi fellow Marines,

I received my orders in Supply School today and it seems like I will be joining the 10th Marine 2nd Battalion Headquarters Battery in Camp Lejeune. Do any of you Marines know about this unit or Headquarters Batteries in general? Is it non-deployable like my friends have been saying? What's life like as a supply Marine in an Artillery unit?

Thank you all in advance,

Zulu 36
11-14-11, 08:35 PM
Hi fellow Marines,

I received my orders in Supply School today and it seems like I will be joining the 10th Marine 2nd Battalion Headquarters Battery in Camp Lejeune. Do any of you Marines know about this unit or Headquarters Batteries in general? Is it non-deployable like my friends have been saying? What's life like as a supply Marine in an Artillery unit?

Thank you all in advance,

If the whole battalion deploys, you deploy. If a firing battery deploys, they need supply people and you might go with them. Firing batteries go on every MEU that floats (although not always from your battalion - they probably take turns).

Supply in artillery is just like supply anywhere else, except with some heavier items.