PDA

View Full Version : Marine for sure. Awards, unit and tours, I don't know...

Moto2Survive
11-14-11, 01:57 PM
I met this Marine "Staff Sergeant" about 3 years ago before I went to Iraq and since then we've become pretty good friends. My problem is, I only saw one picture of him whilst in the Marine Corps, his bootcamp picture. He has a FB with pictures of his unit he says he was in (first force alpha), but the pictures of his "boys" have their faces blurred and I don't see him in any of them. Didn't pay too much attention especially after he got the tattoo of his unit on his arm. But then things get a little weird when as my guest to my ball Saturday he shows up with a Navy Cross on his highly stacked uniform. I go online today to look at all the Navy Cross recipients and couldn't find his name anywhere. Then I go on marine Locator to did him and only found a pvt, Lcpl and major. Nothing near a SSgt. What can I do to find out what he actually has stack-wise, rank-wise and how many tours he's done and where?

BGW
11-14-11, 03:55 PM
How did you meet him online or something?

Kegler300
11-14-11, 04:00 PM
Is he still in the Marine Corps and do you have his name? I can check ODSE and his awards page in 3270.

Moto2Survive
11-14-11, 04:21 PM
Met him at a local bar. And sent his name via PM

ecfree
11-14-11, 09:32 PM
Hey BRAD,be a good Marine and fill out your profile..
We need to know who we are posting with...
Thanks

0231Marine
11-15-11, 05:24 AM
Link to his facebook page?

Ed Palmer
11-15-11, 12:16 PM
Welcome to the Enhanced Research Library

http://www.homeofheroes.com/members/02_NX/ncross_list.html

Revised and Updated July 1, 2008

Recipients Of The

Navy Cross

(This listing is as complete as we are able to provide from numerous resources, however it is possible that a few recipients may not be listed. You can verify if someone received the Navy Cross from this list, but absence of a name should NOT be construed to definitively negate a veteran's claim to this award.) We believe this listing is

usmc89pi
11-15-11, 01:30 PM
He wore the NC to the ball?

Moto2Survive
11-15-11, 02:00 PM
Federal investigation against him now. He's unbelievably another candidate of stolen valor. Wow. I'm in aw. Thx guys for ur help. I'm getting it taken care of.

Sin
11-21-11, 10:09 AM
Hey BRAD,be a good Marine and fill out your profile..
We need to know who we are posting with...
Thanks

This makes me sad.

thewookie
11-21-11, 10:24 AM
This makes me sad.

what makes you sad, tell me, Marine....

Sin
11-21-11, 10:31 AM
what makes you sad, tell me, Marine....

Nah, I'll rant, get called a troll, etc etc. It's not like a forum profile can't be faked. ;)

thewookie
11-21-11, 10:36 AM
It's not like a forum profile can't be faked. ;)

True, very true. And I feel your pain, Marine, but look at this thread as an example of how easy it can be to be something you're not.

It's old, gets boring, but if we don't try to keep it real - who is going to?

Thanks for your service, Semper Fi.

Sgt Leprechaun
11-21-11, 10:09 PM
Keep me updated on this....