PDA

View Full Version : A Friend Got Killed

Sgt Sostand
11-03-03, 10:37 PM
One of my friend got kill Sunday at the Park we Fly Radio Control
helicopter and he was help one of the other guys and when they was flying the other persion lost the bird and the blades hit him in his neck . and i couldnt do nothing blood wouldnt stop no matter what i did it took 30 min to get help and by that time he was dead .and again that bring in mind to me how important life is to me :marine:

CAS3
11-03-03, 10:42 PM
SGT SOSTAND
I am so sorry for your loss. I hope you are all right. I can understand what stresses a tragedy like that can bring on. If you ever need to talk, I am here.
My thoughts and prayers are with you, your friend and his family.

thedrifter
11-03-03, 11:25 PM
Sorry for your loss.....

Sempers,

Roger
:marine:

Devildogg4ever
11-04-03, 03:55 AM
I, too, am very sorry for your loss!! 'Real' friends are hard to find and being there at the time of your friends passing, doesn't make it any easier!! I do know what your feeling, as I'm sure alot here do too! We are here for you, if needed!!!

Kalbo
11-04-03, 05:29 AM
Sgt Sostand,

You and your friend are in my prayers. Please take care of yourself.

Semper Fi, Kalbo

Sgt Sostand
11-04-03, 06:34 AM
Thanks everyone but some how i think i did not do my best to save him i couldnt stop the bleeding and he ask me not to let him die cuz i was a Marine he had the ideal we could do anything so that why i feel that i let him down lots of people told me i did my best

Sparrowhawk
11-04-03, 06:59 AM
You did what you were trained to do, to the best of your abilities.

With the best of medical assistance available they might not have been able to do anything more.

To know that if there was any chance of life, you as a Marine would have done everything possible to save him, shows the faith and trust others have in our abilities and dedication to life. It's much to your credit that your friend saw this in you.

We do what we can, and then leave them in the hands of God.

We remember the gift of life and are thankful for what we have been able to share together.

Semper Fi, Marine

Sgt Sostand
11-04-03, 08:30 AM
thedrifter ya that him on the link you send me

http://abclocal.go.com/ktrk/news/110303_APlocal_modelax.html

Gunner Jines
11-04-03, 10:50 AM
I send my condolences for your loss. Sometimes - no matter what you do - life will still slip away. Not your fault not mine - just happens and must be accepted.
Like you I also suffered loss - multiple losses recently. Was attending a funeral for a good friend in Houston this weekend and that night another close friend of mine was killed while in bed by a supposed friend of his. Hits like that are hard to take - but we that survive must keep keepin' on.
Semper Fi
Gunner

Devildogg4ever
11-04-03, 04:14 PM
Sgt Sostand, your friend is in good hands now! You did everything you could do! It was his time, my brother!!! And when it's time, nothing will hold you back. I have said before, I know how you feel. You can't and must not let this get to you! I went through years of a guilty feeling that you are feeling now. It's because you care!! Your friend would not want this to get you down. You being there with him made a difference to him, he was with friends!! If you need to talk, we all are here for you!! We are family!! My prayers go with you my brother!!

Semper Fi!!

arzach
11-04-03, 05:26 PM
Sgt. Sostand...you did all you could..was a higher power that intervened...on the positive side, he had you for a frind...take comfort in the fact that he was with you when he left this world and that you helped make him comfortable in his last minutes...Semper Fidelis...as long as you remember him, he will not be gone....

SUPER SHARP, HAND SALUTE....

Rick

MillRatUSMC
11-04-03, 09:36 PM
Sgt. Sostand, you were a comfort for your friend at the last moments of his earthy life.
The area that those blades hit, even a surgeon could not have done more than you did.
Take comfort that you did the best that you could at a moment of great stress.
Some might have panic when this happen.
You did what you were trained to do.

Semper Fidelis
Ricardo

lurchenstein
11-05-03, 01:07 AM
SGT Sostand,
My prayers are with you in the loss of your friend. You did all that could be done at that moment. (Don't be hard on yourself.)Anybody would be proud to have a Marine like you as a friend.