PDA

View Full Version : Tattoos Once a Poolee

SovHerb
11-07-11, 08:41 PM
I have since DEPd into the Marines and I have no tattoos and every single piece of paper work i have ever filled out reflects this. I am strongly considering getting a tattoo on my the right side of my chest which will say "Alexander" after a brother of mine who is since passed away. I am aware of the tattoo regulations and i will obey all of these in order to not make myself in ineligible for service. I am wondering what the proper procedure is for going about informing MEPS about this tattoo and if my recruiter should be involved in this process as well

Redsfan293
11-07-11, 09:08 PM
I don't want to preach to you but don't want to get the tattoo and later find out you can't join because of it. If i were you I'd wait till after boot camp to get it.

Topman
11-07-11, 09:12 PM
Agreed. You'll have the tattoo for the rest of your life, I think it can wait a couple more months to avoid any risk. I personally am paying for a rash decision on a forearm tattoo, making me all but ineligible for OCS and forced to enlist in order to receive the EGA.

Redsfan293
11-07-11, 09:19 PM
Agreed. You'll have the tattoo for the rest of your life, I think it can wait a couple more months to avoid any risk. I personally am paying for a rash decision on a forearm tattoo, making me all but ineligible for OCS and forced to enlist in order to receive the EGA.
Your lucky your getting in at all with a forearm tattoo. I saw a few guys at MEPS get sent home because they had tats that weren't approved.

Lisa 23
11-07-11, 09:35 PM
Plain and simple, and this goes to ALL poolees and wannnabes.....DO NOT get any tattoos BEFORE you go to boot camp. It will require more paperwork and a waiver, which may or may not get approved, and I'm sure your recruiter will not appreciate any of this. If you're good to go now, don't go and mess it up by getting a tattoo. Just wait.......

Stigmatas
11-08-11, 08:09 AM
Isn't it actually policy not to ge one before you go in?

MunkyVsRobot
11-08-11, 11:12 PM
what part of dont get any new tattoos while in the delayed entry program dont you understand? its a pretty simple concept, dont get any freakin tattoos while in the dep.

Crusader0451
11-09-11, 12:17 AM
what part of dont get any new tattoos while in the delayed entry program dont you understand? its a pretty simple concept, dont get any freakin tattoos while in the dep.

:thumbup:We've all been told this a million times.

Stigmatas
11-09-11, 05:58 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NOFKEWM_vOY

pay attention to the last 15 seconds.

Rogue88
11-15-11, 05:41 PM
As they have said above me.. I was given specific instructions from the minute I walked into the RSS the first time: "Don't get any more tattoos, don't get into any trouble, don't get hurt, don't knock up any girls, oh and don't get any more tattoos!"

You can always get it right after boot camp.. Not sure of your MOS but I've also been told you can't get one during SOI (if you're going to SOI) because it's an open wound and prone to infections while out in the field.. So just go get it during your boot leave, plus you'll have some money stored away to make it a little nicer

Dean

Lisa 23
11-15-11, 06:09 PM
If you're going to get any tattoos, wait until ALL of your training is done with.....boot camp, MCT/SOI, and your MOS school. When you get to your first duty station, then think about getting one.