PDA

View Full Version : Can non-citizen Marines deploy?

Littlegraybook
10-23-11, 10:53 AM
Dear all,

I am currently attending my MOS school as 3043 Supply and Adminstration Clerk. I have my Green Card but am not a citizen yet. Do you Marines know if I still can get deployed? My other immigrant Marine friend from South Africa said we can't because we are denied security clearance. Just wondering if you Marines know anything about this.

Thanks and Semper Fi!

Marinefelon
10-23-11, 11:46 AM
NOT TRUE!

You can be deployed without citizenship. If you are trying to get a certain job that requires a clearance you may not get that due to citizenship issues. But a lot of hispanic Marines in the grunts get deployed without citizenship. Again they do not need a clearance so they are ok?

Wood5831
10-23-11, 03:55 PM
You better believe it you can deploy!

Mxzero
10-23-11, 04:27 PM
Your friend's right about the security clearance, but there are plenty of jobs that don't require a clearance overseas. So, yes, you can and quite possibly will be deployed.

Legit2o3
10-23-11, 10:53 PM
You betcha! I'm not a citizen yet.. And ive been deployed to OIF and OEF.

Marine84
10-24-11, 05:54 PM
And there you have it.

Kegler300
10-24-11, 06:08 PM
Unless it's an individual augment billet that requires a security clearance.

FistFu68
10-24-11, 06:25 PM
:evilgrin: GoodLuck Marine...Gotta have Respect for Any Man Or Woman,Who steps up too Tha Plate,2 Pay their Dues for The Freedom We all share in this Great Nation called The United States Of America :thumbup: :iwo:

AlohaMarine
10-27-11, 07:03 AM
You better believe it you can deploy!

NOT TRUE!

You can be deployed without citizenship. If you are trying to get a certain job that requires a clearance you may not get that due to citizenship issues. But a lot of hispanic Marines in the grunts get deployed without citizenship. Again they do not need a clearance so they are ok?

Unless it's an individual augment billet that requires a security clearance.

Thanks Master Guns.

If your job requires you to use SIPR, one of two things will happen. You either won't go, or you will be assigned some **** job. As a supply Marine, at the LCpl and below ranks you'll be ok. As an NCO you will need to have a clearance.

I knew a 3043 SSgt who was not a US Citizen, therefore could not get a Secret clearance. He's in the chow hall or some **** in Fiddlers Green right now, but he is still deployed.

Mongoose
10-28-11, 12:32 AM
Lokowtherkamiiu, does your mother know your up past nine o'clock?