PDA

View Full Version : Dd-214

sgthammer
10-22-11, 01:54 PM
to All My Fellow Jarheads, I Found Out At The V.a. Hospital Yesterday That If You Are Collecting Your Social Security (or) S.s.i. Disibility ( Like Me) Take A Copy Of Your Dd-214 To Your Social Security Office And Your Amount Will Be Increased By $100. Per Month.

Apache
10-22-11, 04:46 PM
Collecting SS deletes this benefit

sgthammer
10-22-11, 11:11 PM
No, thats what Social Security wants you to think. This $100. "benefit" has been signed into effect by the President of the United States for ALL Prior Military Personel. But they won't make it public knowledge because can you imagin how many men and women across our Great Nation would recieve a monthly increase that could make the difference between a more normal living and "Just barely making it" ? Good Luck Apache with what ever you decide to do.

Apache
10-23-11, 10:23 AM
Thanks For The Intel Hammer

Apache
10-23-11, 10:27 AM
Sgt Hammer
My miscommunication ----

Intended was
If you are collecting SS and Retirement they will not add this $100.00

DanM
10-23-11, 10:57 AM
to All My Fellow Jarheads, I Found Out At The V.a. Hospital Yesterday That If You Are Collecting Your Social Security (or) S.s.i. Disibility ( Like Me) Take A Copy Of Your Dd-214 To Your Social Security Office And Your Amount Will Be Increased By $100. Per Month.

Sorry,but you are a bit misinformed.You do not recieve an extra $100 per month payment,your social security account is credited an extra amount due to military service. See link.

http://www.ssa.gov/retire2/military.htm

sgthammer
10-23-11, 05:47 PM
Ummm, I wonder why they are paying all the guy's I met the other day who informed me of it. Oh well, I was just trying to pass on information that might help out. Sorry.