PDA

View Full Version : Just out of bootcamp, full of questions

Delicious White
11-02-03, 02:26 AM
I'm finally off the Island and back home. Now I'm just enjoying my leave and biding my time until MCT. I have a few questions though.
One, where's a good place on the web where I can purchase uniform items?
Two, how do you get scuffmarks out of Corfram dress shoes?
Three, what's MCT like? Is it really harder than bootcamp? Do they treat you like a Marine there or do you get hazed like a recruit?
Just wondering, thanks for your time.

CPLRapoza
11-02-03, 02:45 AM
First off Congradtulations, Marine, you are now one of the few and the pround. Here's some words of wisdom to keep in the back of your head through out your time in our beloved Marine Corps. "If you...

jakebrown1
11-03-03, 06:07 AM
Originally posted by Delicious White
Three, what's MCT like? Is it really harder than bootcamp? Do they treat you like a Marine there or do you get hazed like a recruit?
Just wondering, thanks for your time.

FYI, You weren't "hazed" in Boot Camp.

haze
tr.v. hazed, haz·ing, haz·es
To persecute or harass with meaningless, difficult, or humiliating tasks.
To initiate, as into a college fraternity, by exacting humiliating performances from or playing rough practical jokes upon.

You know, I never thought of the rigors of Boot camp as "hazing". You got "bent", not "hazed". You really shouldn't run around calling it that, especially in front of civilians. It gives them the wrong idea and paints a negative picture of the Corps.

To answer your question, MCT is different from Boot Camp...just not in the way you might expect.

You are treated like a Marine. A Basic Marine. A Private. No more. No less. You will train hard, but you will have a little bit more "free time". A little bit.