PDA

View Full Version : Knowledge

devildog4ever
11-01-03, 12:22 PM
What is some of the most important knowledge to know for bootcamp ( stuff i can start memorizing now):qmark:

RoboRobinson17
11-01-03, 01:47 PM
Your General Orders and Rank structure, both Marine Corps and Navy. Learn some general history, such as the five major battles of WWII, the importance of the Battle of Iwo Jima, who the first Marine Corps recruitor was, who the Grand Old Man of the Marine Corps is, where the Marine Corps was Born, the Marine Corps birthday, etc. ALL of this information and more is posted in the Marine Mentor and Poolee hall section, that is what they are there for. READ EVERYTHING ON THIS SITE! It will take a long time. Most of the Marines that are here as poolee's come back as PFC's out of bootcamp, from the things they learn on this site. Nothing is easy, nor is learning our history or looking for it yourself. We admire initiative, not laziness. I hope this helps.

Stay the Course,

Joe

lurchenstein
11-01-03, 02:09 PM
devildog4ever
What is some of the most important knowledge to know for bootcamp ( stuff i can start memorizing now)

The knowledge you gain via this website will start laying the foundation needed to be a Marine; however, Marine Bootcamp is necessary to instill that knowledge in you. It won't all come together until you begin living it. :marine:

WMjets
11-01-03, 03:43 PM
I am a midshipman at the University of Michigan - Ann Arbor, and the staff posts a knowledge packet that you can find a lot of this information on at:
http://www.umich.edu/~navyrotc/knowledge.shtml.

You'll find the General Orders, Code of Conduct, rank structurre, some history, etc. You might not need to know all of the stuff listed in it for boot camp, so you'll have to ask the Marines here to find out. Don't be afriad to poke around the site for other things if you want. Most of the site has open access. Hope this helps.

Jo

Devildogg4ever
11-01-03, 07:18 PM
Well, your name is close! Can you fill my shoes? Time will tell!!!

WMjets
11-02-03, 12:38 PM
I just realized that the link from my last post doesn't work, because I put a period at the end, so you'll have to copy and paste the link.

Jo

Sixguns
11-02-03, 05:35 PM
I was just curious to know if the originator of this thread has enlisted yet. I would be surprised if your recruiter or your NCOIC had not told you what you needed to study and to do to prepare for recruit training.