PDA

View Full Version : just got home

holey336
10-15-11, 10:38 AM
finally got home from boot camp last night, earned my title and im gad to be home but its a little weird, only for a few days till i leave for ITB

EpicPopsicle
10-15-11, 10:52 AM
Congratulations. How well did you think you did?

holey336
10-15-11, 04:58 PM
thanks, i think i did well, i mean i improved in everything i did, gained some confidence, and learned a lot about function in the corps and just found out i lost over 20 pounds (not that losing weight was a goal but im not complaining) but i still think i can do better. i have 17 days till SOI so i wanna cut a minute or 2 off my run time and get in a few more pull ups, but i passed all the events, and despite the suck factor i had some fun.

MunkyVsRobot
10-16-11, 07:07 AM
So You got RA congrats man take the 10 days and rest up you will certainly need it.

Gregs7130
10-16-11, 04:31 PM
Congrats!

I leave for MCRDPI in just under a month and a half (Nov. 28th)

Is there any advice you can give to cope with the initial mental strain? I know it is different for everyone, and I will never be able to get it until I am actually there, but maybe you could give me something that would stick in the back of my mind.

I realize there is a thread about what I am asking, but I was wondering if you can put your own spin on it.

Thank you for your time!

PNW2011
10-16-11, 05:28 PM
Just take it a day at a time, chow to chow, training evolution to training evolution. Not a Marine, just common sense. Just remember that boot camp is made to pass, if you put out you will make it.

Gregs7130
10-16-11, 05:43 PM
Just take it a day at a time, chow to chow, training evolution to training evolution. Not a Marine, just common sense. Just remember that boot camp is made to pass, if you put out you will make it.

Thanks, but I was looking for the Marine that started this thread to respond, being this is his thread. Nothing against you, man.

I have heard the "chow-to-chow" phrase before and it does seem like helpful advice. I take anything stressful and break it down task-to-task, day-to-day, etc...

I was just seeing if he had anything to add while bootcamp is still fresh in his mind.

Like I said, it's nothing against you, PNW2011. Thanks for your words, though! :beer: