PDA

View Full Version : The Corps always gets theres huh? Can any Mustangs help me out?

AlohaMarine
10-11-11, 07:52 PM
Just got my first GI bill payment. I found out I am getting an extra $450 a month on top of the BAH for a GI Bill Kicker I signed as a poolee. I had completely forgotten about it. They used to give the kickers as a lump sump (thatd be sweet) but now they divide it up monthly.

Then I checked my mail, and I got a letter to report FOR MUSTER? Damn iitttt.... at least they're paying me. $215 for 3 hours is a pretty sweet deal to me!

Also, I served exactly 4 years on active duty. Do I qualify for 01E pay? I remember hearing somewhere you need 4 years and 1 day to get 01E pay? I'm not sure if thats correct.

SgtMcCrory
10-11-11, 10:45 PM
i didn't get any extra money for the kicker i paid into when i got my first gi bill payment

AlohaMarine
10-12-11, 07:45 AM
i didn't get any extra money for the kicker i paid into when i got my first gi bill payment

You don't pay into a kicker.

Did you sign a kicker contract as a poolee?

SgtMcCrory
10-12-11, 08:37 AM
You don't pay into a kicker.

Did you sign a kicker contract as a poolee?

i paid 600 into the gi bill kicker before i went to iraq. they didn't offer me any of that stuff as a poolee. they didn't even bother talking about theGI bill until i was already in boot camp

Artemis
10-12-11, 09:57 AM
i paid 600 into the gi bill kicker before i went to iraq. they didn't offer me any of that stuff as a poolee. they didn't even bother talking about theGI bill until i was already in boot camp

The kicker you are talking about should be included into the actual G.I. Bill payment that you recieve. It also all depends on if you go to school 1/2 time, 3/4 time or full time as to what amount you get.

AlohaMarine
10-12-11, 12:49 PM

Thats pretty wild, I signed a kicker contract and only paid the $1,200 that everyone else paid (Pre Post 9/11 GI Bill)

If you are going to school full time you should get a letter that breaks down your GI bill line by line.

Mine says sometihng to the effect of, "The DOD has informed the VA that you are eligible for $450 a month extra from date to date"