PDA

View Full Version : Obtaining college credits for time served

SniperSpike
10-11-11, 09:20 AM
I served from 81-85, I went back to school last year to complete my degree and am really getting the run around on getting credit for classes taken while serving. Looking for any help I can get. How do I get Dantes test scores? SMART site does not recognize me (I think I am too old) VA sent me an unofficial transcript that really had nothing on it except a list of classes taken. Is there one central office that I can contact?

ronsmith
10-11-11, 11:06 AM
The smart site will only recognize military schools that were reported by your command. Keep in mind that some of the military schools are not accepted for credits in the college system. I have been to a number of military schools including recruiter school nco school and formal school for instructors and none of that education was accepted. At a minimun I was awarded college credit for bootcamp (PE) and counter terrorism for marines. If you can get a hold of an ACE guide that would help tremendously. I am not really sure about DANTES I have never used that system SEMPER FI.

SniperSpike
10-11-11, 11:26 AM
Thanks Ron,
DANTES/CLEP are college level exams taken while on float. Not too concerned about the training type classes, but the CLEP tests should all transfer. What I have to do is get the actual scores. Crazy but its like 10 credits I dont want to repeat. Not at 50!