PDA

View Full Version : questions about admin sept

pugsley
10-09-11, 08:46 PM
ok ive been in for about 5 and ahalf years and now they are talking about admin seperating me because i cant pass a PFT run i get 16 pullups and a hundred crunches. the reason is i had ACL sergery about a year and a half ago im expecting the seperation because "expect the worst hope for the best" right but i was wondering whats in place for me and what benifets i can still get please help

oldtop
10-11-11, 09:07 AM
See your orthopedic surgeon...he can delay or even prevent an admin sep as long as he says you will eventually be able to return to full duty. If not, request a medical board, do not just accept an...

afraziaaaa
10-11-11, 09:13 AM
ok ive been in for about 5 and ahalf years and now they are talking about admin seperating me because i cant pass a PFT run i get 16 pullups and a hundred crunches. the reason is i had ACL sergery about a year and a half ago im expecting the seperation because "expect the worst hope for the best" right but i was wondering whats in place for me and what benifets i can still get please help

Sounds like some SgtMaj "scare tactics" to me. (As I typed this, I got a phone call from my SgtMaj...:scared:).

Have you spoken with your CO about this?

pugsley
10-11-11, 06:15 PM
no not yet i dont know what to do its not the sgtmaj its the S3 ssgt he made me sign the admin seperation page 11 and the RCP ext page 11 im so lost i reenlisted in 2010 and ever since i had to LAT move its been going down hill

Sgt Leprechaun
10-12-11, 12:48 AM
First, you need to go talk to your Company Gunny, then the 1stSgt. Prior to doing that, get ALL your medical records.

Eventually, you'll have to see your CO, but do it the right way by going up the chain.

Old Marine
10-12-11, 12:30 PM
Strange that the S-3 should be involved in this.
The people who should be involved is the S-1.

Sgt Leprechaun
10-14-11, 05:21 PM
S-3 would be the one who adminster PT tests and the like, so I can get that, to a point. However they can only do so much.

MOS4429
10-14-11, 06:58 PM
All good advice. Would emphasize not accepting admin separation. Would add, in addition to going up the chain, make an appointment ASAP with an legal services attorney. Call your law center, tell them you need to see an attorney, do not need to disclose over phone your situation.

A SSgt may have had you sign something because he told you to, but follow your chain, inform them what occurred, and do not be afraid to take it up as high as you need to go.

In worst case scenario, go medical board route, not admin sep route. It's your life; don't be forced into anything.

SkyUSMC9
10-23-11, 09:05 PM
I was an S-1 Clerk and my primary job was Legal, Promotions, Awards, and Mail. I also prepared and tracked AdSep packages. If you have any questions, let me know.

I can tell you right now that the S3 is not authorized to issue any type of 6105 counseling PG 11's or anything of the sort. If any marine was to fail a portion of the PFT, they were to notify the Battery/Company Chain of Command so they can take proper action. I would notify the S-1 Admin Chief, Adjutant, as well as your Company/Battery chain of command before signing anything.

If you have any questions, PM me and I will try to help you out the best I can. I also dealt with LSSS and IPAC on a daily basis.

Remember, stay calm and be tactful. There is always the request mast procedure.

Good luck devil.

doc h fmf
10-24-11, 09:57 AM
LIKE WHAT EVERYONE ELSE SAID SEE YOUR ORTHOPEDIST AND GO UP YOUR CHAIN OF COMMAND HAVE YOU GONE TO YOUR PLT OR COMPANY SENIOR CORPSMAN ? ARE THEY AWARE OF WHATS GOING ON? BECAUSE WHEN I WAS IN DIVISION I WOULD GIVE DAILY REPORTS TO MY SENIOR CORPSMAN WHO WOULD HAVE DAILY MEETING OR WEEKLY DEPENDING ON THE SITUATION.BUT WE HAD A COUPLE OF MARINES WHO FAIL THE RUN AND HAD SURY THEY WOULD FOLLOW UP WITH THE BN SURGEON WHO WOULD HAVE REPORT WITH THE COL ON FRIDAY WHO WOULD BE AWARE OF THESE SITUATION. so if you havent done it do it.

SEMPER FI AND GOOD LUCK