PDA

View Full Version : Ecp, Meceps

Bob-o
10-08-11, 01:29 PM
Just looking for some opinions, experiences, and information on the ECP and MECEPS programs.

My name is Bob and I got out in 2004 as a Sergeant. I want to get back in and make a career out of it now. I am nearly done with college and really want to be an officer. I had some outstanding lieutenants when I was in before and would like to follow in their footsteps. Here is the problem, my age. I am 31 years old. I have talked with the OSO in my area and was told that my age is wavier-able but that the Corps isn't giving out those waivers now due to the reduction in the size of the Corps.

He mentioned to me the ECP as a possible option. My questions are: What is the likely hood of getting an ECP package submitted? How hard will it be? I have also been in contact with a PSR in my area and I am planning on submitting an AR package. My second question regards the MECEPS program. If I were to get into the AR and not finish my degree would I be able to get into the MECEPS program after I was in the AR? I fear that getting into either of those programs would be rather difficult if I were to get back in. I say this because all those programs are based on your command and I would think that a new guy walking in saying, "I want to be an officer can we submit an ECP or MECEPS package" wouldn't be received well. Or maybe I am wrong.

Anyway just looking for some advice, guidance, or past experiences to maybe help me out. If I can't be an officer I plan to continue on and serve proudly on the enlisted side.

Thanks for the help,
Bob

daugherty7
11-14-12, 10:39 PM
My husband joined the MC as enlisted even though he had a BA degree. He said he wanted to "earn" respect. His contract is now nearly up and we want him to go officer.

What are the options for doing this? He's 27 years old and I know the cutoff for some things is 30. He seems to be getting conflicting information from everywhere so I'm doing some research myself. Is ECP the only option? How does he get that started? Is there a recruiter or someone of that nature that should be helping us? What is mustanging?

Thanks in advance! I really want us to be as knowledgeable as possible. And before anyone judges- I am not "THAT" military wife. I have a doctorate degree and am a Psychologist. My interest in him becoming an officer is about his professional success- not my pocketbook ;)