PDA

View Full Version : Writing a friend who's in boot camp

Redsfan293
10-06-11, 10:28 PM
I have a friend who's at Parris Island now and has been there for a few weeks. I want to write a motivational letter to him. The problem is I've never been good at writing. I'm looking for ideas for what to write about. What do you want in a letter when your at boot. Thanks for your help.

EpicPopsicle
10-07-11, 12:04 AM
I have a friend who's at Parris Island now and has been there for a few weeks. I want to write a motivational letter to him. The problem is I've never been good at writing. I'm looking for ideas for what to write about. What do you want in a letter when your at boot. Thanks for your help.
Tell him your taking good care of his girlfiend.;)

Redsfan293
10-07-11, 12:09 AM
Tell him your taking good care of his girlfiend.;)
Haha that's good:D

Gregs7130
10-07-11, 02:27 PM
I had a buddy that was down at PI a few months back.. I tried to mix the letter up between motivational talk and some talk about stuff going on at home. I tried not to talk too much about things back at home because i didnt want to make him feel anymore home sick than he was. haha Just hold a normal conversation. Say something to make em laugh (well not laugh because they will probably get yelled at for doing so but you get the point haha) I know thats what I would want!

sparkie
10-08-11, 10:06 PM
News from home, good. What you feel, good. National news, OK, I guess. Basically just write human,,,,,,,, Ask abt chow, stress, daily, feelings, life. You'll do fine.

Kiri
10-09-11, 04:29 PM
pictures. they helped me a lot