PDA

View Full Version : Getting Orders

Eli27
10-05-11, 07:35 AM
I signed a 6yr 03 contract with a 15k bonus in 08. I am picking up Cpl next month and also coming up on my 3yr mark with my unit. Also finishing up my 2nd pump in Afghan. I want to request orders to another duty station but I've heard rumors that I might be obligated to stay with my current unit or or only go to a different victor unit with my contract. Does anyone know if this is true? Should I even bother requesting orders? I'm looking at being an instructor somewhere for my remaining 2-3 years.

Apache
10-05-11, 09:43 AM
What does your Chain of Command say ?

MOS4429
10-05-11, 11:11 AM
Should I even bother requesting orders? I'm looking at being an instructor somewhere for my remaining 2-3 years.

One never receives until one asks.

What's the worst that could happen? Be told "No"?

I agree with apache. Start with your chain of command and work up to one who can give you a legitimate answer.

And if you want to be an instructor "somewhere," find out what and where and how and apply for it.

SSgtRSD
10-05-11, 12:08 PM
Are you a reservist?

Apache
10-05-11, 12:10 PM
By all means possible
How does your chain know what you want to do unless you tell them ?

Does not guarentee you will get what you request,but it does help the odds.

If I could count the NOs I've received---I'd be rich

Quinbo
10-05-11, 12:17 PM
If you recieved a bonus then you must complete your contract in your primary MOS.

Eli27
10-05-11, 10:22 PM
I'm not a reservist.

I have asked my chain of command, but nobody, including the battalion's career counselor seemed to know the right answer. I did put in a request, and I'm now just waiting on word back. I put in for SOTG, Field Med instructor and WFTB. We'll see what happens.

Quinbo
10-12-11, 10:45 PM
Why are you spamming the hell out of this forum with a bunch of advertising crap about a kindle and web hosting?

SSgtRSD
10-13-11, 10:39 AM
Well looks like your on the right path. Regarding the bonus, if you are filling a training billet for an 03, as in certain training billets may require 03xx or whichever, than you would keep your bonus.