PDA

View Full Version : Lower Back Problem....

Giorgi
10-04-11, 02:08 PM
What should I do with my lower back issue? Standing for a long period of time starts to annoy me and I just need to bend over and grab my calves and stretch my lower back a little bit and then I can stand longer. Also with sitting for a long period of time it is the same way. Will I get chewed out at bootcamp if I bend over to streth my lower back? I do not want to be a wimp because I am not like that at all, never been to a chairopractor, or told my doctor, or the doctor at MEPS about it, but I really just hope it won't be an issue later on. Hope it is just growing pains... But it can really be stressful at times. If a Marine or two could just tell me if I will be fine at bootcamp that would be much appreciated, or a newly graduated Marine, that would be even better.

Thank You Marines.

Gregs7130
10-04-11, 08:41 PM
i would post this in the "Ask a Marine" section. You'll probably get an answer a lot faster.. you also wont get replies from a bunch of us poolees that think they know what they are talking about. haha

Lisa 23
10-04-11, 08:57 PM
Double posting isn't allowed, so you may want to PM Sgt Leprechaun and ask him to move this to the Ask A Marine forum.

You may also want to go and see your family doctor just to be on the safe side. Don't mess around with your back. By letting it go, you can be causing more harm than good to yourself.

Giorgi
10-05-11, 02:16 PM
Double posting isn't allowed, so you may want to PM Sgt Leprechaun and ask him to move this to the Ask A Marine forum.

You may also want to go and see your family doctor just to be on the safe side. Don't mess around with your back. By letting it go, you can be causing more harm than good to yourself.

Already did, Thank You Marine.

IHaveEGA843
10-05-11, 06:39 PM
Well to me IMO it could possibly be a early career killer. You'll have to stand at attention for a while and I'm sure bending down to relieve your back will get you blasted. Every single recruit has...

Giorgi
10-05-11, 08:50 PM
"oh.....we'll get you flexible son"

hahaha :marine:

ryangassxx
10-17-11, 06:19 PM
Soreness,... :D Get used to it..

CRuss92
10-17-11, 06:48 PM
Yeah, you will want to listen to SoftballCatch23 and ask to have this moved because Poolees won't be able to offer you the same advice as Marines can.

Is your lower back just weak from lack of exercise? If that is the case then you can do deadlifts to really strengthen it up fast, but you will for sure want to see a doctor before trying that because if you do have a bad back condition deadlifts could really mess you up. Good luck man, and make sure you send that PM because the Marines on this site can give you a lot more legitimate advice.

ryangassxx
10-17-11, 09:11 PM
Yeah, you will want to listen to SoftballCatch23 and ask to have this moved because Poolees won't be able to offer you the same advice as Marines can.

Is your lower back just weak from lack of exercise? If that is the case then you can do deadlifts to really strengthen it up fast, but you will for sure want to see a doctor before trying that because if you do have a bad back condition deadlifts could really mess you up. Good luck man, and make sure you send that PM because the Marines on this site can give you a lot more legitimate advice.

Before doing dead lifts I would suggest doing some "super man" lower back extensions. Lay flat on your stomach and elevate your legs and as much of your chest off the ground as you can with your arms stretched outward. It's effectively doing a crunch on your lower back muscles. It's sort of an awkward exercise at first but it's targeting exactly what's probably weak in your back. Maybe alternate with some planks as well. Assume pushup position and then just rest your weight on your elbows at a shoulder width spacing and hold the position for 45 seconds to a minute at a time. Don't forget to stretch.

CRuss92
10-17-11, 09:38 PM
Before doing dead lifts I would suggest doing some "super man" lower back extensions. Lay flat on your stomach and elevate your legs and as much of your chest off the ground as you can with your arms stretched outward. It's effectively doing a crunch on your lower back muscles. It's sort of an awkward exercise at first but it's targeting exactly what's probably weak in your back. Maybe alternate with some planks as well. Assume pushup position and then just rest your weight on your elbows at a shoulder width spacing and hold the position for 45 seconds to a minute at a time. Don't forget to stretch.

Haha that is probably a much more intelligent approach. If it is a weakness, then his back is getting tired just after standing up for a while, so if his muscles are that much underdeveloped (which actually is the case with some people who play video games exclusively) then he probably wouldn't fare well going straight to lifting a heavy weight off the ground (not to mention he would be more inclined to use bad form). Those "super mans" sound like they are the best solution if his doctor clears him of having some kind of injury or other problem with his back.

Giorgi
10-18-11, 05:49 PM
I've had deadlifts in my routine for a few months, and I make sure to do them correctly because of my back. Im going to try the "superman" exercise though, thanks!
And Sgt Lep. hasn't deleted this post and idk why..