PDA

View Full Version : What are the best boots for the CFT?

LoveOfCountry
10-02-11, 08:27 PM
I'm getting ready to buy a new pair of badly-needed boots. Coincidentally, I'm also getting ready to run a CFT. I thought I my as well buy a pair that I could use as my 'CFT' boots.

Does anyone have any suggestions? I'm guessing that a light-weight, flexible pair would be best.

I've never owned anything other than issued boots.

Thanks.

weapons124
10-02-11, 08:34 PM
bellville's. I LOVE mine, can run all day in them. I will never own another set of ****ty bates.

LoveOfCountry
10-02-11, 08:46 PM
Is there a particular pair of Bellville's you like?

BGW
10-02-11, 08:47 PM
Boots with steel toes gives extra protection, which is always a good thing. You can never go wrong.

LoveOfCountry
10-02-11, 08:52 PM
I'm not looking for protection during a CFT. LOL

I'm looking for comfort and light-weight.

Everyone on my Facebook has been recomending the Bates Light-Weight.

Also, how come my auto signature disappeared? And I don't see a place to edit it.

Lisa 23
10-02-11, 09:12 PM
Also, how come my auto signature disappeared? And I don't see a place to edit it.

Signatures?
http://www.leatherneck.com/forums/showthread.php?t=105920&page=2

weapons124
10-02-11, 09:12 PM
they are like the 550 st without the steel toe. It just says mwr in the tag. You can find them at the px for 75 bucks. The stock insert is super comfortable, the boots are light and comfortable. Really, really love these boots bro

SlingerDun
10-02-11, 10:50 PM
Check out the Danner site -> Boots -> Military.

They make a version (TFX and GTX) that is similar to "The Pronghorn" - an athletic and reasonably priced hunting boot. They're lightweight like a hiking boot/sneaker. The uppers should not wear out and fall apart before the soles do because Danners usually don't. Had my feet in a pair the other day and if it was neccesary for me to run in the mountains, these would be a good choice, but i prefer a heavier duty boot.

Some of the miltary models have air vents. So if they are not labeled Gore-Tex® then they will most likely absorb water quickly

weapons124
10-04-11, 06:36 PM
those boots are not authorized just fyi

FistFu68
10-04-11, 08:14 PM
:evilgrin: Blackhawk-Warrior USMC Version,have sent Two Pair to an In Country Marine and a 1OTH.Mountain Div.PathFinder...No Complaints as of Yet I've Humped in them Also Wish I had them when I was Humping and Jumping...S/F and Thank You for your service... :thumbup: :beer:

DIMAS86
10-05-11, 06:56 AM
Forget what everyone else has said, NIKE has produced a combat boot. There's not much ankle support for everyday patrolling, but for a CFT, these extremely lightweight boots would be perfect. They're lighter than most tennis shoes, and are relatively cheap.

HST
10-05-11, 08:23 AM
If you're a "Real Marine" forget the boots, paint your feet green and go it barefoot, if you're a Real Marine that is.

montana
10-05-11, 10:34 AM
thats what i do HST

Zulu 36
10-05-11, 10:58 AM
thats what i do HST

You just like the feel of squishy horse apples between your toes. Be honest. :D

LandsNGrooves
10-05-11, 08:05 PM
For running and rucking, authorized- Bates Lites.

If you want to cheat(I would at least try), if you know someone that is supply, you might be able to score some Rockies, which are in the supply chain. I know some guys at 2nd LAR got some, past that IDK.

If your going to buy, get some rockies. They are light,but last longer then the Oakley SI assualt boots.

I've day dreamed about making a brand, and pressing the EGA on the side of some Rockies just to see if anyone would notice.

KABAR1992
10-07-11, 08:25 PM
Oh crap.... This reminds me. I have a CFT in November. :scared:

Sergeant M
10-08-11, 01:20 AM
Bates Ultra Lights are nice. The feel like tennis shoes. I just wore regular boots for my CFT though. Maybe I would have got a better movement to contact time....

RP0369
10-08-11, 04:41 AM
I'm a huge fan of the RAT boots...for everything.

Sergeant M
10-08-11, 03:50 PM
RAT for garrison? did they finally make that legit?

RP0369
10-08-11, 04:50 PM
Yes sir...there was never anything that made it illegal. just someone's interpretation of the regs...seems to be a lot of that going around.

Sergeant M
10-08-11, 05:29 PM
Ahhh... Maybe it is also up to unit discretion. When I was at Edson Range WFTBN, we weren't allowed to wear them. This could also be because we were dealing with recruits though.

DuckSauce
10-08-11, 09:14 PM
I love my Danner GORE-TEX boots.

Dan336
06-08-17, 11:30 AM
I highly agree with RP0369 (http://www.leatherneck.com/forums/member.php?90473-RP0369) above, you can't beat the RAT boots. While they might be a bit heavy, if you walk/run around in them for a couple weeks you'll adapt to them just fine. It's much better to become acclimated to a pair of footwear that you can use for not only the CFT but for hiking and daily use as well. I purchased mine brand new for dirt cheap with a coupon for $75 off here https://www.fexgear.com/polls

Lastly, as many other Marines have noted, the Bates Lites might shave a few seconds off your CFT but won't provide the durability and support you need for other activities. Invest in gear that will last you years, prevent injury, and acclimate your body to increased loads.

Kurt Loadeater
06-08-17, 02:12 PM
Holy moly 340 for boots. Never understood why so many Marines blew all their money on gear. Especially right before deployments. Everyone running around in non issued flak jackets like a bunch of girls at prom.

Put that money into a retirement fund instead. In 10 years you won't even remember wearing the stupid boots, but at least you won't be poor when you're older.

kalstras
06-10-17, 03:12 AM
holy moly 340 for boots. Never understood why so many marines blew all their money on gear. Especially right before deployments. Everyone running around in non issued flak jackets like a bunch of girls at prom.

Put that money into a retirement fund instead. In 10 years you won't even remember wearing the stupid boots, but at least you won't be poor when you're older.

^^^ ditto!! ^^^