PDA

View Full Version : Award Verification

SGTDuenas
10-02-11, 07:31 PM
Anyone know how I can verify someone's awards. Is a guy claiming all kinds of crap that I know is B.S., but want some kind of definitive proof. One thing he is claiming is that he has 4 purple hearts. His stories and they way he talks is enough that he sounds legit, but then other things he says and they way he acts screams that he is lying, so I am trying to sort the truth from B.S. I have his full name and last 4.

NeverQuit
10-02-11, 09:01 PM
As far as I know you can not request his records without his permission obviously. I would say ask him things that really Marines would only know. He may be well versed in lying but he trip up sooner or later.

Boot camp platoon number, serial number, get his unit and platoon from then go to **************** website and look up people who were there at the same time.

Good luck.

The DUKE
10-02-11, 09:42 PM
Find someone who you know who has a business license and if you can get his s.s.n. let them run a credit check and then you will have a lot of info to go on, from there its a cake walk in this day and age to get a gov agency to run his s.s.n. for you and bamm, you got the inside hook on everything this guys done since his first **** in a diaper at birth, ain't America great, God I love this nation.

Quinbo
10-02-11, 10:30 PM
After having read through quite a bit about conducting a FOIA search for military records and not finding a simple solution; I would suggest that you just ask the guy to show you his DD-214.

Sgt Leprechaun
10-02-11, 11:15 PM
You can, in fact, request a verification of his awards from NPRC, however, you'll need his SSN to do it.

There are other ways. Get me his name, as much of it as you can, and I can do some preliminary research for you.

hrscowboy
10-02-11, 11:17 PM
what about the order of the purple heart cant someone be checked there???

Sgt Leprechaun
10-02-11, 11:20 PM
Nope. Voluntary organization. Not being there is not a 'for sure' indicator.

LtColK
10-03-11, 09:26 PM
Anyone know how I can verify someone's awards. Is a guy claiming all kinds of crap that I know is B.S., but want some kind of definitive proof. One thing he is claiming is that he has 4 purple hearts. His stories and they way he talks is enough that he sounds legit, but then other things he says and they way he acts screams that he is lying, so I am trying to sort the truth from B.S. I have his full name and last 4.

Send me his name and last four and I will look him up for you.

sf
LtCol K
usmarine@metrocast.net

Sgt Leprechaun
10-05-11, 09:09 PM
Did we ever get a verification sir?

LtColK
10-05-11, 09:20 PM
Sgt L, I am at a conf this week and might be able to verify on Fri. I'll let you know what I find out.

Sf
LtCol K

Sgt Leprechaun
10-05-11, 09:28 PM
Roger that, sir. Thanks!

SGTDuenas
10-07-11, 06:52 PM
So HQMC Database shows that he has no Purple Hears Awarded to him and none denied. <br />
<br />
I also found out that even though he said he served from Jan 1998 - October 2008 he in fact didn't go to boot...

Sgt Leprechaun
10-11-11, 10:00 PM
Good deal. Keep us in the loop.