PDA

View Full Version : Marine Hymn (Bagpipes)

Gunner Jines
10-30-03, 03:10 PM
When opening the below site:
http://www.leatherneckpipeband.com/
The Marines Hymn (Bagpipes - terrific version) plays.
I am interested in getting a copy of this music -- .MP3 or .WAV or any other quality and reliable copy to use in a local 228th BD ceremony (Jackson Mississippi)
Any body have this or know who to contact?
There appears to be no guestbook or e-mail to the Leatherneck Pipe Band site.
Thanks & Regards
Gunner Jines

thedrifter
10-30-03, 03:30 PM
I happened to find that we have it in our downloads......
Hope this helps......last one on this page.....

Marines' Hymn (Bagpipes)
Description: Midi File

http://www.leatherneck.com/download.php?op=viewsdownload&sid=2

Welcome Aboard to the Best Marine Site on the net. Also welcome to your home away from home................
We have a great crew of Marines in here from WW II to the present............
Throw your sea bag in a corner, pull up a footlocker, sit and chat awhile.........Get a chance stop over at the Slope Chute, Gary and I will buy you a few drinks........

"AGAIN WELCOME ABOARD."

Sempers,

Roger

Gunner Jines
10-30-03, 03:38 PM
The Drifter -
Thanks for your reply but I tried this midi and it is not the one I am looking for - the one I am speaking of is a full bagpipe band in full audio - this midi is a beep tone.
If you have not heard the one I speak of - go to the site - you will love it and understand why I am looking for it.
Thanks again.
Semper Fi
Gunner Jines

marinemom
10-30-03, 07:30 PM
Since they have contact information on that website, why not phone them?

Most pipe organizations have audios available - may cost something, but it is worth it.

corporal bull
10-30-03, 09:59 PM
Every time I hear it I swell up and get goosebumps.
Sounds even sweeter played on the pipes.

lurchenstein
10-31-03, 01:22 AM
The download version is great, but the full sound version on the Leatherneck Pipes & Drums website is outstanding. (Leatherneck Pipes & Drums shut down their guestbook because of some folks abusing it. Too bad they didn't have an idiot filter for the guestbook.) :banana: (if only this banana could march.)

Devildogg4ever
10-31-03, 03:17 AM
Outstanding!! Also, welcome aboard!!

Gunner Jines
10-31-03, 11:13 AM
Thanks for the welcome aboard.
Not having any luck with contact to the leatherneck pipe band site. Does anyone know how to contact them? I am still looking for a copy - cost or not. Is there a way to contact them thru their webhost - "pipeband.com"?
Thanks and Semper Fi
Gunner

Ed Fleming
10-31-03, 12:26 PM
Gunner, If you find a way to contact them and obtain tape or whatever, please post it. Nothing in the world like good old pipes and nothing like our hymn on the pipes. Ed Fleming

Gunner Jines
10-31-03, 12:30 PM
Will do - once heard - very hard to ignore or forget. Like amazing grace on pipes or the duel bugles playing taps at a funeral. Once in the mind - there forever.
Semper Fi
Gunner

Flip Fraser
11-03-03, 06:12 PM
Gunner,I checked out the New York Fire Dept. Pipes and Drums web page and they have the Marine Corps Hymn listed on their latest CD "All Hands Working"
I can't get the midi to play so don't know how it sounds.I do know that they are a terrific band and probably do the "Hymn" justice.

http://fdnypipesanddrums.com

Hope it's what your looking for.

Gunner Jines
11-04-03, 09:10 AM
Outstanding - I will go there and look at getting a copy. Once or if I do - I'll see if they have a problem at posting an .MP3 copy here.
Thanks & Semper Fi
Gunner

Gunner Jines
11-05-03, 01:41 PM
There is a good example of Bagpipes playing our Hymn.
This one is by the Canadian Pipe & Drum Band with the 3RD MAW Band.
I downloaded a copy from their site but am not clear on legality of or how to share this wonderful music --- only 43 seconds but completes the entire first stanza. I am sure there must be copyright regs. Napster proved that we can not just take the music.
Moderator .... any suggestions?
Semper Fi
Gunner

Gunner Jines
11-07-03, 03:14 PM
With the great help of Moderator "Sparrow HawK" got this link for a great version of our Hymn:

http://www.angelfire.com/biz7/sparrowhawk/marinehymnPIPES.ram

this is performed by Canadian Pipe & Drum band w/ the 3rd MAW band.
Have a super 228th Marines and families.
Semper Fi
Gunner