PDA

View Full Version : Reconnect with the Men of Fox 2/7 Weapons Platoon, 1st. Mar. Div. San Mateo

sgthammer
09-28-11, 01:46 AM
In 1975 I was given a Platoon of seventy Hard Charging Marines fresh out of Boot Camp, too train in the deployment of M-60 Machine Gun, The 3.5 Rocket Launcher, the 60mm Mortar, and Company level explosives, Instead of training at the Infantry Training Regiment. Due to the shotage of Staff NCO's, after Viet Nam, I was a (Meritorious) E-5 in an E-7 billet. I have never been more proud of anything in my life then wearing the same Uniform of those Men, and the fact that we were all UNITED STATES MARINES. I have missed them for over thirty seven years. SEMPER FI !
Sgt. R. Hammer

Kegler300
09-28-11, 04:29 AM
I was with Echo 2/7 in 75...

sgthammer
09-28-11, 03:37 PM
OUTSTANDING !!! and from the looks of those stripes, you stayed in, Smart Man. Whish I had followed your example. I Reenlisted for D.I. School along with a close friend. Somebody misplaced my documents for three months. My buddy graduated #2 in the school and they made him a Recruiter in Memphis, He was P.O.'d. They told me that your guarenteed D.I. School but not the position, so I got out and tucked some college under my belt to go back as a Warrant Officer (for Cobra Gun Ships) but the Corps passed me over because I now had too many dependants. Sgtmj. Thanks for answering. Did you know Gunny Milsap or Gunny Cooley ?