PDA

View Full Version : US Marine Tribute - Trace Adkins

MOS4429
09-22-11, 12:47 PM
Couldn't find this posted elsewhere, but if it is, my apologies for the double...

Excellent tribute to Marines, except the dude needs to realize there are two boot camps in the Marine Corps!!

:)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6NMxiGHnlbk&feature=related

FistFu68
09-22-11, 01:37 PM
:beer: :iwo: :beer:

bausmc87
09-22-11, 03:19 PM
Outstanding!

Carpshooter
09-22-11, 06:25 PM
Great ! :thumbup:

Yes , there were Marines being trained and made at MCRD San Diego ( the Hollywood types ) ;)

:iwo:

advanced
09-22-11, 06:51 PM
And there were REAL Marines being made at Parris Island.

MOS4429
09-22-11, 07:48 PM

Yeah, with the girlies on the other side of the base, electric washing machines and dryers, while we ol' Corps "Hollywood" types scrubbed our knuckles raw, had to deal with the temptation of the big city over the fence, humped good ol' Mt. Mother F***er at Pendleton...

jamielang1951
09-22-11, 08:24 PM
:thumbup: Outstanding!

rufus1
09-22-11, 09:45 PM
I sure did not see those washers in the 70's. We had the old soap ,scrub brush and the pail to use at P.I.

advanced
09-23-11, 08:00 AM
I sure did not see those washers in the 70's. We had the old soap ,scrub brush and the pail to use at P.I.

Exactly, and we had withering heat, sand fleas, and 5 Nam vet DI's. Humpin those hills in Los Pogus in staging was like being on vacation next to PI.

FistFu68
09-23-11, 08:02 AM
:marine: :beer: :marine:

FoxtrotOscar
09-23-11, 10:06 AM

Only the short, ugly ones went to PI...

Those tall handsome one's were sent to San Diego....:sick::banana::banana:

Preacher
09-23-11, 11:52 AM
That's right, Hollywood Marines rule.

Rocky C
09-23-11, 12:11 PM
:thumbup:
OUTSTANDING !!!

Semper Fi,
Rocky

advanced
09-23-11, 12:53 PM
Only the short, ugly ones went to PI...

Those tall handsome one's were sent to San Diego....:sick::banana::banana:

Take the sunglasses off and you will see the most majestic mythical warriors this country has ever made and they ALL come from PI! We PI Marines know ourselves and do not have to boost our egos by diminishing others, for we are the legends of the worlds military elite.

I for instance am just an insignificant average PI Marine with above normal good looks and a swag about me that you only get from PI, that's why the ladies always "love me long time and call us #1."

I will make a confession now: I have known a few SD Marines that acted very much like us Real Marines. Legend has it that they were trained by DI's from PI.

P.S. I have even know a few recruits from the west coast that actually moved to the east coast just so they could go to PI.

P.P.S. When people think of SD they think of an airport or sea world, when they think of PI they think MARINE. Good try Fox S/F

Carpshooter
09-23-11, 05:49 PM
P. I. stands for paradise island :banana::yes::no:

A well known fact :

" Hollywood Marines "

rule !

rufus1
09-23-11, 06:20 PM
SHORT UGLY AND "MEAN" AS HELL :devious:

jamielang1951
09-23-11, 06:29 PM
:)Hollywood Marines:thumbup:

advanced
09-23-11, 07:16 PM
THE TRUTH: Whenever I hear a civilian ask a Marine if they went to PI, and the Marine say no, "I went to SD" I can see the disappointment in the civilians eyes. So I always go to the SD Marines defense and tell the civilian, "It's OK, they're still Marines, SD is the overflow for PI."

Now, ya'll have to give me credit for that.

FistFu68
09-23-11, 07:29 PM
:evilgrin: You telling Me You Maggot's Humped from MCRD(SD) too Camp Pendleton too Play on Mt.Mutha F**Ker during Boot Camp? No way!!! :confused:

Otter5
09-23-11, 07:48 PM
Nam vet here and also a so called "HOLLYWOOD MARINE" ,we are all Marines ,just different parts of the country, by the way did time at MCAS Beaufort ya know PI neighbor, swing with the wing was the saying back then :)

rufus1
09-23-11, 09:02 PM
Was in Beaufort in 1971 and Nam in 1972. We are all brother and the best fight are among brothers! We beg to agree to disagree. We will all admit that wherever we attended boot camp will always be the toughest and the hardest training. It will be that way till the good Lord calls us all home and he will set the matter straight and to rest! :flag:

hbharrison
09-24-11, 03:46 AM
That was out-fricken-standing, OOOOOOORAH, SEMPER FI.

ecfree
09-24-11, 12:46 PM
Outstanding tribute to OUR Marine Corps...
:thumbup::thumbup:
SEMPER FI:iwo:......................Ed

SGT7477
09-24-11, 12:56 PM
Could never tell the difference where we all came from, a Marine is a Marine, Semper Fidelis.

LawFitzgerald
09-24-11, 04:52 PM
First Semper Fi Brothers and Sisters!Second women were only sent too P.I. to become W.M.s;the training & terrain was easier.(good ribbing LOL):marine::banana::yes: Hollywood!!!

FistFu68
09-24-11, 05:24 PM
:evilgrin: And Who da Ya think trained those W.M's How too Assume Tha Position,of SNAPPING IN and BEND's and WHOOPIES? It was Russ and I that Infiltrated their AO...Pulling SKIVVIE Raid's and Stickin' It Too them with Tha Love Saugage...While You S.D.Marines were pounding Your PUD!!!:D :iwo:

Carpshooter
09-24-11, 05:34 PM
Was in Beaufort in 1971 and Nam in 1972. We are all brother and the best fight are among brothers! We beg to agree to disagree. We will all admit that wherever we attended boot camp will always be the toughest and the hardest training. It will be that way till the good Lord calls us all home and he will set the matter straight and to rest! :flag:

You must of been one of the few Marines in Nam in '72 , as the majority of the 1st Marine Division ( 3rd pulled out in '69 ) and last of 1st Air Wing pulled out mid '71 . :iwo:

LawFitzgerald
09-24-11, 06:17 PM
:evilgrin: And Who da Ya think trained those W.M's How too Assume Tha Position,of SNAPPING IN and BEND's and WHOOPIES? It was Russ and I that Infiltrated their AO...Pulling SKIVVIE Raid's and Stickin' It Too them with Tha Love Saugage...While You S.D.Marines were pounding Your PUD!!!:D :iwo:
Good one Brother!LMAO.

advanced
09-26-11, 08:20 AM

"Assume the Position" had a special meaning for us.

Mongoose
09-26-11, 11:22 AM
Take the sunglasses off and you will see the most majestic mythical warriors this country has ever made and they ALL come from PI! We PI Marines know ourselves and do not have to boost our egos by diminishing others, for we are the legends of the worlds military elite.

I for instance am just an insignificant average PI Marine with above normal good looks and a swag about me that you only get from PI, that's why the ladies always "love me long time and call us #1."

I will make a confession now: I have known a few SD Marines that acted very much like us Real Marines. Legend has it that they were trained by DI's from PI.

P.S. I have even know a few recruits from the west coast that actually moved to the east coast just so they could go to PI.

P.P.S. When people think of SD they think of an airport or sea world, when they think of PI they think MARINE. Good try Fox S/F
Thing is Russ, they called the ugliest, nastiest, most insignificant, azzhole Marines #1, and loved them for a long time too. PI must have made you delusional.

Mongoose
09-26-11, 11:29 AM
No Jack, we were actually training to fight in a war, not training to screw. We already knew how to do that.

advanced
09-26-11, 11:43 AM
No Jack, we were actually training to fight in a war, not training to screw. We already knew how to do that.

You have it wrong Billy, Jack and I were chosen for the thankless task of teaching the WM's how to do it, as he and I were already legends in the fine art of training the ladies. It was a thankless job from the brass (though we received much thanks from the WM's) and sometimes the shear numbers they through at us would have made normal men quit, but not us. How did we do it, when it got real hairy, we just skipped the foreplay.

Mongoose
09-26-11, 12:19 PM
You have it wrong Billy, Jack and I were chosen for the thankless task of teaching the WM's how to do it, as he and I were already legends in the fine art of training the ladies. It was a thankless job from the brass (though we received much thanks from the WM's) and sometimes the shear numbers they through at us would have made normal men quit, but not us. How did we do it, when it got real hairy, we just skipped the foreplay.
I'm not trying to make light of your Gigolo conquests. Just saying, while you all were humping WM, we were humping the mountains of Pendleton, and the hills of Nam.

advanced
09-26-11, 12:27 PM
I'm not trying to make light of your Gigolo conquests. Just saying, while you all were humping WM, we were humping the mountains of Pendleton, and the hills of Nam.

Oh, we did that also after we ran out of WM's. We humped the mountains of Pendleton, as well as the ladies in the surrounding towns (weekend liberty you know) and the mountains, hills, rice-paddies not to mention the ville's of the Nam.

Once a Marine = Always a Marine
Once a Humper = Always a Humper

silverdollar
09-27-11, 06:33 AM
when it got real hairy, we just skipped the foreplay.

I don`t know if I would do the hairy ones.:no:

sempidr
09-27-11, 11:03 AM
This is real funny to watch. (Could be named “The Swinging Dick Call-Out&quot;). <br />
<br />
I am one of those &quot;Hollywood&quot; Marines. I was also permanent personnel at Camp Geiger with the Second Radio Battalion,...

MOS4429
09-27-11, 01:31 PM
Man, did this thread get hijacked sideways!!!

Just about a Marine Corps Tribute song.

sempidr
09-27-11, 02:14 PM
Man, did this thread get hijacked sideways!!!

Just about a Marine Corps Tribute song.

You be absolutely right.
Sorry for my last.
Sometimes hard for us old Marines to keep the right stuff
in the right place.

Trace's tribute is great. Tears in the beer stuff.

S-

sempidr
09-27-11, 02:33 PM
Yeah, with the girlies on the other side of the base, electric washing machines and dryers, while we ol' Corps "Hollywood" types scrubbed our knuckles raw, had to deal with the temptation of the big city over the fence, humped good ol' Mt. Mother F***er at Pendleton...

But - But --- But,
You helped, I think.
You just didn't ever look up at "da plane"!

MOS4429
09-27-11, 04:22 PM
But - But --- But,
You helped, I think.
You just didn't ever look up at "da plane"!

What? You mean like the pot calling the kettle black?? :p

You're right, I shouldn't have taken the bait!

advanced
09-27-11, 07:39 PM
when it got real hairy, we just skipped the foreplay.

I don`t know if I would do the hairy ones.:no:

I'm talking about the triangle. love that stuff, the hairier the better I always say.