PDA

View Full Version : Yakasoba

EGTSpec
09-21-11, 08:58 PM
What Marine on Okinawa does not remember Yahosoba at 0200 after the bars closed? I miss the dish. Nothing comes close I have tasted so far. I did a google search and found this: http://www.google.com/#hl=en&sugexp=bvie&cp=12&gs_id=1b&xhr=t&q=okinawa+yakisoba&pf=p&sclient=psy-ab&source=hp&pbx=1&oq=Okinawa+yaka&aq=0sv&aqi=g-sv1g-v1&aql=f&gs_sm=&gs_upl=&bav=on.2,or.r_gc.r_pw.&fp=dd109274bb1284ca&biw=1120&bih=595

Tennessee Top
09-21-11, 11:12 PM
I remember they served a good bowl of yakisoba at the USO club on Camp Foster. Liked going there for the air conditioning and reading also. Never did learn to use chopsticks but didn't try too hard.

WXSgt
09-22-11, 02:25 AM
my wife makes it for me when i ask its awesome to have it home made

Kegler300
09-22-11, 04:58 PM
Damn, that **** was good after an all-night drinking binge...however, it lost all its taste coming back up later while hugging the toilet...

johnry
09-22-11, 05:19 PM
the soba at Iwakuni was better. Yakesoba (fried) and soupsoba. The street vendors with open grilles made the best.

thewookie
09-22-11, 05:23 PM
Hell yeah,, absolutely, I remember "borrowing" the duty NCO's Hummer to take a drive up to the gate at Hansen and get some late night yakisoba. Along with one of those "chicken" thighs,,,mmmm. And wash it down with some taco rice and cheese, covered in ketchup.... dayum, I'm hungry.

:banana:

Marine84
09-22-11, 05:38 PM
Had it in Iwakuni - love, love, loved it after drinking! OR somebody introduced me to a bar called "The Poem" and you could get a BIG plate of steamed clams - yum, yum!

EGTSpec
09-22-11, 08:02 PM
Hell yeah,, absolutely, I remember "borrowing" the duty NCO's Hummer to take a drive up to the gate at Hansen and get some late night yakisoba. Along with one of those "chicken" thighs,,,mmmm. And wash it down with some taco rice and cheese, covered in ketchup.... dayum, I'm hungry.

:banana:I remember those chicken thighs in a little place just across the road from the Camp Hansen main gate. We called em monkey meat cuz of their size. Were good, but I didn't think chickens had legs and thighs that big. My other favorite was chicken or pork fried rice smothered in ketchup. YUM!! Would take some back to the barracks in those little wooden boxes held shut with a rubber band.:thumbup:

Old Marine
09-22-11, 09:32 PM
Lots of San Miguel and then a Bleut to top it off. Then running for the Subic Gate to get in before 2400, and if you had time stop at the cart on the bridge for monkey meat BBQ for desert.

thewookie
09-22-11, 09:44 PM
Lots of San Miguel and then a Bleut to top it off. Then running for the Subic Gate to get in before 2400, and if you had time stop at the cart on the bridge for monkey meat BBQ for desert.

That is the monkey meat that I know, in PI -- 100 pecos for 100 pieces. I would have them ate by the time the cab arrived at the upper MEF camp. :marine: