PDA

View Full Version : McMap Questions

FaDeD
09-21-11, 10:19 AM
Ok, I am a 1st Degree Black Belt in MCMAP and am activly participating in unit training ect in MCMAP.
I recieved my 1st degree black belt in Taekwondo in 1998 and My second degree in 2007.
Can i take those certs to IPAC s/3 and get them put on my MOL under martial arts training on my BIR?

Also
How do I obtain my 2nd degree black in MCMAP ive rezd over the MCO 1500.54A and all it says is this

(a) Black Belt 2nd Degree. Must complete all
requirements in accordance with reference (d). Complete Black
Belt 1st Degree Sustainment Training. Additionally, the
candidate for Black Belt 2nd Second Degree must submit to the
Director, MCMAP an “Elements of Martial Culture Analysis” (EMCA)
for review and approval. Guidelines for the completion of an
EMCA are contained in enclosure (2). Candidates must have:
recommendation of Reporting Senior; attained the rank of Staff
Sergeant or above (waiverable one grade by CG, TECOM);
appropriate level PME complete; one year experience at Black Belt
1st Degree.

I dont even know where to start there is no resident MAI or MAIT SNCO's in my unit.

SSgtRSD
09-21-11, 04:47 PM
No, civilian martial arts does not translate to our records system. However it will assist you in pursing further degrees in MCMAP. Go to the TECOM website, it also lists the requirements for follow on degrees. If you still have questions, your best bet is to contact the MACE directly. They may be able to identify other MAI/MAITs local to you who may be able to facilitate the training and assist you in submitting the package to the MACE.

gwamo1
09-26-11, 08:27 PM
I was on the rifle range with a LCpl who was a brown belt. I asked him how he got that and he said he was a black belt in 5 (or so) other martial arts. He was waiting to hear back from the MACE center on if he could get hid black belt. Seeing as how you only have one black belt, I don't think they will waive getting your second degree. Also on the same range there were some MACE instructors who were 2ed degrees. They said since they work at the MACE they were able to obtain the 2ed degree without problem. Also, since your a corporal and it says it's only waived one rank..... Yeah.

lcplbagochips
09-27-11, 10:40 AM
There is no longer a rank requirement for belts. The updated MCO is 1500.59. The LCpl could get his black belt as long as he has a black belt MAI to train him. To get your 2nd degree black you need to be at least an MAI and have 18 months under your belt to get it. You can however, be under 18 months and train for it and test out, but they will not run your NAVMC 11432 until you hit that 18 month mark.