PDA

View Full Version : Question about Enlist/OPS Center.

Zyme
09-20-11, 05:56 PM
I haven't been on this site too long. But I'm currently in the processes of trying to join The Marines.

Basically, I dropped out of high school in 2009, shortly thereafter I recieved my GED and then after that I enrolled in College. Now 2011 I've finished with my college program.

I've gone to about 3 different recruiters trying to figure this out, I was recently living in Baton Rouge (In which I went to college), due to reasons in which I don't really want to discuss, I moved to Dallas. I went to talk to a recruiter there. Showed them my GED/ College transcript. Now since I went to school out of state. They aren't too familiar with how the school system works here. The recruiter I have said he's unsure if they will accept it.

Now I've gone back to Baton Rouge for a few days. Talked to a recruiter here told my story ect. With a ton of confusion going on seeing if my schooling will even count, then seeing if my credits will count after they count my school. Both recruiters are sending my transcripts to OPs in both states. The recruiter in Baton Rouge is actually going up to my college tomorrow to speak with my schools Dean.

So I guess I'll get straight to the point. How long would it take to hear back from ops. Like I said, I'm back in Baton Rouge for a limited time before I go back to Dallas and I wanted to know if it would be better to enlist in Baton Rouge rather than Dallas or vice versa. I'm in a tight spot in Dallas and Baton Rouge. I won't really get into detail on that. But I've motivated, I've made a ton of calls to recruiters, schools Finding out if I need to go back to school and take 15 more college credits even though I already have 45 or what.

Sorry this is so long, and my situation is so confusing. But I'm determined to become a Marine. My uncle is a retired Marine of 24 years and he's been giving me insight on things. But any other advice or help would be Appreciated.

Thank You.

SSgt Lamie
09-21-11, 10:27 AM
I'm not even going to touch the point on your school or OPS. I work in the OPS section in Milwaukee and know how everything on this end goes and what the process is and how long it takes, but just from reading your post I would have a ton other questions before even considering your school.

From your post you seem to have a few things that you are trying to hide. You talk a lot about being in a tight spot in both Baton Rouge and Dallas. People like this that would come into our Recruiting offices after trying in other areas have issues that disqualify them and are just trying to test the system to see if they can get over on someone else.

Not saying this is what you are doing at all, but how am i suppose to know when you keep saying "for reasons I don't really want to discuss" or "I won't really get into detail on that".

Zyme
09-21-11, 11:08 AM
My apologies for that. I don't really mind expaining now. Thank you for your feedback.

I'm not trying to get over on anybody, and I'm not joining the Marines to "escape".
Basically in Baton Rouge, me and my mom were not getting along, eventually she kicked me out to live with my Grandmother to live in Dallas. I moved to Dallas in June of this year and September 5th my grandmother passed away. Alot of the bills and such are in her name. My uncle isn't real responsible when it comes to handling matters like that.

So now I'm really buckling down to try and join. I told my Grandma before she passed I wanted to join the Military. Living with my uncle isn't too fun either. Half the time he's never there. Now back in Baton Rouge, I have an opprotunity to move back but I don't really have family here and I'd just be moving with a friend. I want to make my life head in a direction first. Enlisting and then just having to wait in either state until I ship off.

I didn't mean to say "I don't care to explain to get into" as if it was bad. It was basically alot of personal stuff which I have shed light on.