PDA

View Full Version : Filled MOS's so I had to choose one I don't want at all. HELP!!!

georgemandujano
09-18-11, 06:13 AM
Hey I have a problem I DEPed in about a month ago and I've always felt the call to be in the millitary and be in the infantry but when it came to choosing jobs all the combat oriented jobs were filled so i had to choose all technician jobs what should I do?? I really want to join it's my dream but I want security forces or infantry. HELP PLEASE!?

IHaveEGA843
09-18-11, 08:45 AM
Bro, life is filled with decisions we don't want to make but sometimes if you can look into what you're given and consider it.

I was only offered a hand full of MOS's and I made the best choice for myself. Took 0481 which I didn't want but out of the line up it seems like something I may enjoy doing.

If you don't want to do that tell your recruiter that you won't take it and refuse to ship. Don't know how it will work for you but that's all you can really do.

Sometimes you gotta work with what you have and be satisfied with the outcome.

sparkie
09-18-11, 09:00 AM
Why are you asking for help? I have to believe you made a choice for a reason. Mistake? If thats what your feeling, consider another branch. I personally respect every MOS a Marine fills well. Understand there was a time when there were no choices for anyone. Just being a Marine was enough.

EpicPopsicle
09-18-11, 12:01 PM
Maybe try the army? And believe me i have met my share of Infantry (Army and Marine) and hearing from them the satisfaction rate is not really that high (mostly because of the stress and boredom).It's less shooting at terrorist and more digging in the dirt for IED's and standing guard for hours in the Hot sun. I joined to earn the title, not the right to be able to hold a gun.

georgemandujano
09-18-11, 01:17 PM
Thanks for the help I guess?? my recruiter just told me to be patient but I'm sure near ship date he'll push me into food services or something but I'll probably push him to get me security forces

EpicPopsicle
09-18-11, 05:42 PM
Thanks for the help I guess?? my recruiter just told me to be patient but I'm sure near ship date he'll push me into food services or something but I'll probably push him to get me security forcesYou'll have to wait till a slot is open. And if you don't want to wait,well then that's tough. And don't be disrespecting food services or any MOS for that matter.