PDA

View Full Version : Workout Music

Crusader0451
09-16-11, 06:11 PM
I like to listen to Jimi Hendrix and Tupac when I workout, what about yall?:banana:

TheOtherGuy
09-16-11, 06:29 PM
I listen to almost anything with a good rhythm, and loud. Daft Punk, deadmau5, Mudvayne, 5 Finger Death Punch, As I Lay Dying, and a lot more.

Crusader0451
09-16-11, 06:38 PM
Hm, gotta be honest ive never even heard any of those, lol

IHaveEGA843
09-16-11, 07:16 PM
Pandora.....

From Lil Wayne to Scarface and then to Nas......I like the random mix.

madman1042002
09-16-11, 07:27 PM
fast paced or powerful speech something that gets me motivated i also have some cadences that we remember to sing on jogs helps with getting breathing control

Crusader0451
09-16-11, 07:38 PM
I like to make up my own cadences when i run, anything from the military to cooking, lol I like to freestyle:cool:

PFCPoolee
09-16-11, 09:11 PM
anything without lyrics, or thats not based on lyrics. Dethklok and apocalyptica is good for that.

PFCPoolee
09-16-11, 09:19 PM
damn missed the edit timeframe. Look up Little People, album Mickey Mouse Operation (don't judge the name lol) on either Grooveshark (thats my preference) or Pandora. they have some good rythem too

CharlieDelta
09-17-11, 12:49 AM
man i listen to foo fighters, incubus, tha joker, j.cole, yeezy, jigga, cudi, pretty much anything that takes my mind over

PNW2011
09-17-11, 03:24 AM
wtf?

No one has mentioned Rage Against the Machine yet?

MunkyVsRobot
09-17-11, 11:21 AM
Anything that is Hardcore. Blood for Blood, Lionheart, Terror, Death Before Dishonor, Hatebreed.

EpicPopsicle
09-17-11, 10:39 PM
Pump some loud ass DUBSTEP!

Blop
09-19-11, 12:12 AM
Haha, talk all the smack you want, but: Britney Spears, ke$ha, Katy Perry... You get the picture. For some reason they seem to work best for me. Every once in a while I'll change it up with some Kanye or a mix and match from other genres.

I don't even really like it, but it's what I seem to workout best to so I don't question it haha.

DrinkTwiceT1000
09-19-11, 08:10 AM
wtf?

No one has mentioned Rage Against the Machine yet?

Haven't you noticed, sadly, not many are well versed in the rock genre.

I can't run to music, I end up trying to run to the beat and that usually doesn't work out so well lol.

When it comes to everything else tho, Disturbed, Adelita's Way, BFMV, 5 Finger, Godsmack, Rage... you get the picture.

PNW2011
09-19-11, 03:35 PM
I'm not much of a metalhead, I like some Metallica and Disturbed... and that's about it. I feel as if some of those bands take themselves too seriously. I'm a rocker and throw in a little bit of local hip hop here and there.

Crusader0451
09-19-11, 04:06 PM
Haha, talk all the smack you want, but: Britney Spears, ke$ha, Katy Perry...

Hell yea! There's just something about my Katy Perry, and Ke$ha, and Nicki Minaj!

Britney Spears:sick:

PNW2011
09-19-11, 04:44 PM
the things I would do to Katy perry

... dem tits, i would drag my dick through a mile of broken glass just to hear her fart through a radio

Crusader0451
09-19-11, 05:46 PM
Now why would you do all that when you can hear her sing on the radio for free?

EpicPopsicle
09-19-11, 06:10 PM
... dem tits, i would drag my dick through a mile of broken glass just to hear her fart through a radio:sick:

MotorT92
09-27-11, 05:57 PM
When I'm running i usually put my cadence playlist on but when I'm lifting i put on Wiz Khalifa, Big sean, Lil wayne, anything with a quick beat to keep the intensity going.

Sometimes even screamo helps..

IHaveEGA843
09-27-11, 06:42 PM
the things I would do to Katy perry

... dem tits, i would drag my dick through a mile of broken glass just to hear her fart through a radio

LMAO......I see we have the same ship date......see you at PI, I need someone who says **** like this to laugh at

PooleeHildy
09-29-11, 12:53 PM
Rage, Rise against, Bigge, Tupac, and Immortal Technique. I like my variety

Gregs7130
09-29-11, 03:19 PM
I listen to chill music when I run. Like Bob Marley, City and Colour, Dave Matthews, Incubus, Brad Paisley, etc.

If I lift or do some high intensity workouts I listen to some fast pace music like Asking Alexandria, Bring Me the Horizon, Big Sean, Royce, Mac Miller, Our Last Night, Skrillex.. stuff like that!

mbev
10-02-11, 07:29 PM
Here is my list: A Day To Remember, Attack Attack!, Deadmau5, Skrillex, Borgore, Bring Me The Horizon, Rise Against, All Time Low, All That Remains, Alesana, Asking Alexandria, Armin Van Buuren, Drake, Eminem, Lil Wayne, Emmure, David Guetta, Jay- Z, Kid Cudi, Missy May I, Breaking Benjamin, Rusko, Sander Van Doorn, Skillet, Suicide Silence, Sum 41, Wacka Flacka Flame, T.I, Vanna, UFK Dubstep, We Came As Romans, Wale.
And a lot more, but that's all I can think of right now lol. I have a wide variety of likes.

MunkyVsRobot
10-03-11, 06:42 AM
LMAO......I see we have the same ship date......see you at PI, I need someone who says **** like this to laugh at

Don't worry in a few days you will meet some gentlemen that will say **** to make you laugh... They will just demolish you for laughing.

IHaveEGA843
10-03-11, 12:00 PM
Yea, I have the problem of wanting to laugh at those who get yelled at and just cant process whats being told to them BUT I do keep my bearing and wont even crack a smile.

FOCUS baby FOCUS especially in formation, find that pimple on the back of someones neck and stare that mug down.

PNW2011
10-03-11, 05:37 PM
sadly I'm oregon son, oh and that shipdate is wrong, I got pushed back again..

It would have been glorious though, as long as you're not 3rd Bn you should be fine, once you see through their mind game they have no power. Unless of course you're in 3rd bn.. in that case they will beat the **** out of you FMJ style.

mbev
10-03-11, 05:39 PM

It would have been glorious though, as long as you're not 3rd Bn you should be fine, once you see through their mind game they have no power. Unless of course you're in 3rd bn.. in that case they will beat the **** out of you FMJ style.

1st makes men, 2nd makes Marines, 3rd makes machines.

IHaveEGA843
10-03-11, 07:13 PM

I'm 2nd Bn which I've heard is based on knowledge or drill SO I'VE HEARD.

Heard 1st Bn is the hardest since they excel in PT. 3rd.....yea....I heard since there a bit off in the distance they will lay a mighty hand on you. It's all good, I'll take what is offered and excel in it.

Why did they push you back?

mbev
10-04-11, 11:19 PM
Honestly I want the Bn that pushes you the hardes. So if its true 1st pushes you the hardest I'm fine with that, hell I will even take 3rd. As far as drill, I'v done some of that so I got the basics down for that.

PNW2011
10-05-11, 02:03 AM
http://www.lowbird.com/data/images/2010/04/4chan-1272211794568.jpg

Lisa 23
10-05-11, 07:31 AM
sadly I'm oregon son, oh and that ship date is wrong, I got pushed back again..

I'm 2nd Bn which I've heard is based on knowledge or drill SO I'VE HEARD.

Heard 1st Bn is the hardest since they excel in PT. 3rd.....yea....I heard since there a bit off in the distance they will lay a mighty hand on you. It's all good, I'll take what is offered and excel in it.

Why did they push you back?

I highly doubt any Drill Instructor, no matter what BN he's training recruits in, will lay a mighty hand on you. It's not worth putting their Marine Corps career in jeopardy over some recruits who can't seem to follow simple orders.
While one BN may excell at drill, knowledge, pt, or whatever else, you're at MCRDPI or MCRDSD to train to become Marines!

Oh, and my nephew was in 3rd BN (MCRDPI) and no Drill Instructors layed a mighty hand on any recruit.

mbev
10-05-11, 09:01 AM
http://www.lowbird.com/data/images/2010/04/4chan-1272211794568.jpg
Oh how I enjoyed this one!

PNW2011
10-05-11, 06:56 PM
I highly doubt any Drill Instructor, no matter what BN he's training recruits in, will lay a mighty hand on you. It's not worth putting their Marine Corps career in jeopardy over some recruits who can't seem to follow simple orders.
While one BN may excell at drill, knowledge, pt, or whatever else, you're at MCRDPI or MCRDSD to train to become Marines!

Oh, and my nephew was in 3rd BN (MCRDPI) and no Drill Instructors layed a mighty hand on any recruit.

Not what I've heard.. dude said he F'd up the Firewatch log, gets woken up, runs over to the DI hut looks at the thing, looks back up and gets clocked in the face by his heavy.

IHaveEGA843
10-05-11, 06:59 PM
You saw that too on TL?

He said this was during "Marine Week" so technically he wasn't a Recruit anymore.

MunkyVsRobot
10-05-11, 07:02 PM

Then he must have been lucky. Ive heard from more than 1 recruit 4 to be exact that they still use a hands on approach... Mainly when no one is around to hear you or see you.

IHaveEGA843
10-05-11, 07:04 PM
LOL 3rd isnt a joke, straight body knocking over there.....graduating with busted kidneys.....

mbev
10-05-11, 07:37 PM
It's whatever. What doesn't kill you makes you stronger. Now if you want to see some messed up stuff look at what goes into Spetnatz training.
Anywho, combat is going to be a lot rougher than those DI's.
Just take it with a grain of salt I suppose.
On top of that, I find it annoying when people say "This isn't the old Corps it used to be"
Guess what, that's what the generation before them were saying. And then they try to crack down on hazing and what not? Come on.

Kowalewski
10-05-11, 08:01 PM
No metal heads? Decapitated, Kataklysm, Jungle Rot, Bloodbath, Amon Amarth, Vader...the list goes on.

Redsfan293
10-05-11, 11:23 PM
No metal heads? Decapitated, Kataklysm, Jungle Rot, Bloodbath, Amon Amarth, Vader...the list goes on.
Metal is the ONLY way to go. Slayer, Pantera, Metallica, Megadeth, Sepultura, Exodus, Testament, Black Sabbath, Ozzy, Anthrax, Godsmack and more.

mbev
10-05-11, 11:48 PM
Slayer, Metallica, Black Sabbath, and Godsmack are really good! :)

Gregs7130
10-06-11, 12:25 AM
On top of that, I find it annoying when people say "This isn't the old Corps it used to be"
Guess what, that's what the generation before them were saying. And then they try to crack down on hazing and what not? Come on.

(This reply isn't specifically to you mbev. just going off what you said. haha)

Well from what I heard from current Marines, they definitely don't get any different treatment from the DIs.. While the drill instructors may not be as "hands on", they have more time with yah and I'm sure they find their ways to level some of the playing field. But I have also talked to some Vietnam vets (one is actually my best friends dad) and they tell me some crazy stories. Also with my grandpa, who was a Korean War vet, both enlisted and officer. The events in these stories certainly would not fly currently in the Marine Corps.

However, this generation also has some hardships that they did not have.. such as a 13 week boot camp (compared to 9 weeks) and the Crucible. (correct me if any of this info is wrong, Marines.)

No offense is meant by anything I say, to both current and past Marines.. I have personally been through nothing. I am going off of hearsay and research.

I do believe the "Mothers of America" have definitely had an affect on the Marine Corps, though.

Gregs7130
10-06-11, 12:26 AM
Back on topic. lol metallica and godsmack are sick! But I appreciate the majority of those bands.