PDA

View Full Version : Good eats

CharlieDelta
09-15-11, 10:34 PM
Lets get a list of recipes that us fatties can eat and not feel guilty
Please include ingredients and nutritional info, and serving size so that people can actually put these to use
:usmc:

Crusader0451
09-15-11, 11:22 PM
Just google paleo diet and read up on the philosophy you can find a million websites with recipes; Civilized Caveman Creations and Paleo Mama are my favorite. I love eating paleo, I am currently half-assing it and have lost weight. M-F I eat a serving of oatmeal with fruit and for lunch have a lean meat with rice and/or veggies, and always watch portions at dinner. FYI: you dont have to become hardcore paleo to see and feel differences.

CharlieDelta
09-16-11, 12:23 AM
the caveman diet!, me likey.

CharlieDelta
09-16-11, 12:31 AM
heres a good recipe that i eat for dinner sometimes with a little wasabi mustard and sandwich thins (+80 cal.) for bread throw some arugala or green leaf lettuce andd its a winner for dinner light and tasty!

http://caloriecount.about.com/asian-tuna-patties-recipe-r63776

Crusader0451
09-16-11, 12:35 AM
Hell yea, I freakin love tuna!

Gregs7130
09-16-11, 10:47 PM
For lunch I LOVE making a nice big salad. Peppers, carrots, HB eggs, tomatos, and top it off with a really light dressing. My preference for dressing is a balsamic vinaigrette!

For dinner eat a small steak with a salad and some vegetables on the side.

My dad was on nutri system and basically mastered it without having to buy their products. So he taught me a few things. I am not trying to shed pounds but I just feel better about myself when I eat healthier. :D

Sushi is always an awesome meal to eat as well :thumbup:

CharlieDelta
09-17-11, 12:42 AM
sushi=protein=good mood food

Crusader0451
09-17-11, 07:29 PM
All food is good mood food!

EpicPopsicle
09-17-11, 10:37 PM
Drink some raw eggs Rocky style. Your ass might feel guilty later though.

DrinkTwiceT1000
09-18-11, 10:24 PM
Definitely do Paleo diet, I could eat chicken, peppers and onions all day.

Also if you're looking for a good breakfast/snack bar take a look at Lara Bars. They usually have only like 220 calories, but there is no added sugar or anything. The ones I like are the Peanut Butter Cookie ones. They also have 7 grams of protein and the only ingredients are dates, peanuts and salt. And don't put them down because of the dates until you tried them lol

Crusader0451
09-18-11, 11:25 PM
Ever try Odwalla Bars? I had my first Cliff Bar today, it was delicious! Also I love Odwalla's drinks!

DrinkTwiceT1000
09-19-11, 07:26 AM
I didn't like Odwalla bars, but I may have also just gotten a bad flavor. Cliff bars are good, but both have added sugar and such. Lara bars are the only true Paleo bars.

Crusader0451
09-20-11, 12:13 PM
:confused:Hmph... Well I love Odwalla and nothings gunna change that! lol

EpicPopsicle
09-20-11, 11:54 PM
Rocky Mountain Oysters. Deep fired. yum!

PooleeHildy
09-29-11, 01:03 PM
Oatmeal, Fish, and Fruit are usually pretty good. Talapia is pretty awesome, so is halibut.

But Id actually like to know the opposite if anyone wouldnt mind? I was 3 pounds under at MEPS. Whats some good stuff to gain weight?

EpicPopsicle
09-29-11, 02:19 PM
Oatmeal, Fish, and Fruit are usually pretty good. Talapia is pretty awesome, so is halibut.

But Id actually like to know the opposite if anyone wouldnt mind? I was 3 pounds under at MEPS. Whats some good stuff to gain weight?
Weight gainer protein.