PDA

View Full Version : Can I still change my MOS before my ship date?

Anewell
09-14-11, 10:38 PM
Hey sorry if this is in the wrong section as this is my first post.
I am a Marine Corps poolee and im scheduled to leave for Paris Island on March 12th. I entered the dep program on August 5th and just last week I sat down with my recruiter to discuss MOS jobs. He told me the Marine Corps is sizing down and its best just to at least get a job put down while there available then wait till the last second. I want 0300 Infantry. There are none available at this time. I am going in Active duty. Will 0300 open back up? What are my chances of getting into 0300 or an infantry type field? I did not enlist in the Marine Corps to be in Logistics. But ive heard from Many Marines that I should get used to not getting what I want in the Marines. If anyone can answer my question I would greatly appreciate it.

Crusader0451
09-14-11, 11:03 PM
It is my understanding all infantry positions are taken till the end of the fiscal year (October) I too am hoping for an infantry position... But 0451 sounds funner and funner every time I look into it. I might just keep it and shoot for Recon or Marsoc while I'm already in or go for a lat move to 03xx on re-enlistment. No matter what -STAY MOTIVATED!!!

Anewell
09-14-11, 11:22 PM
Thats what I was thinking. October seems promising. But does anyone know what my chances are? I mean the job pickings are pretty slim. I have a 51 on the asvab but my GT score is really good

PNW2011
09-14-11, 11:37 PM
Ouch, that 51 may hurt you... well a lot..

Lisa 23
09-15-11, 08:05 AM
Yes, you can change your MOS choice before your shipdate.
No, no one knows what your chances are on getting an infantry contract.......and these type of questions on infantry contracts have been asked an answered many times already.

DrinkTwiceT1000
09-15-11, 09:31 AM
I'm not sure as to what the story is with 0300. So far my RSS is maxed out for everyone who can do 0300.

Have you considered some of the other jobs? Parachute Rigger may be better than logistics if you're looking to do something more.

You do have to remember though, you may not feel like logistics isn't the best, but everything is needed. Take a look at the 6 hours videos on the Marines website (http://www.marines.com/main/index/winning_battles/sixhours). None of them would be able to get off the boat without logistics. Also logistics will be useful when you get out.