PDA

View Full Version : Haven't been here in a while

Cardboardbox
09-10-11, 02:39 PM
Hey Marines, how's it going? I'm still in school right now. I'm METOC (weather) I go to my first duty station in December. I have a colonoscopy on Monday because I've had blood and pus in my stool. Hope you guys are all doing good, oorah.

jamielang1951
09-10-11, 06:17 PM
Best of luck with that test Marine.

http://i131.photobucket.com/albums/p298/jamielang1951/USMC%20Photos/SemperFibest.gif
http://i131.photobucket.com/albums/p298/jamielang1951/USMC%20Photos/EGAa0a.gif

Rocky C
09-11-11, 05:55 AM
Good Luck with the Tests Evan.

Semper Fi,
Rocky

Cardboardbox
09-11-11, 01:41 PM
Thank you. I'm still in pain right now, I can't eat for 24 hours now. I'll post my results as soon as I get them.

Ronal5
09-11-11, 02:04 PM
:thumbup:Good Luck and may God bless you. :sick:

kabar1
09-11-11, 09:51 PM
hope you feel better and the tests come back clean

Sgt Leprechaun
09-12-11, 07:43 PM
Good luck!

devilbones2
09-13-11, 10:14 AM
Feel better soon and hope your tests come back okay. I have never heard of blood and pus in stool, doesnt sound very nice.

Cardboardbox
09-15-11, 08:41 PM
Tests came back with inflammation in my lower intestine, not enough for a diagnosis. They drugged me up pretty good, I barely remember a thing. I don't feel to comfortable with this, because I'm still in pain throughout the day. I guess I should bring it up to my gunnery sergeant and ask him what I should do..

Phantom Blooper
09-15-11, 08:51 PM
Without getting TMI if the test was a colonoscopy and you are having slight pain after.... that is normal....from the air....being invaded....plus the inflammation.

If you are having excessive pain and fresh bleeding...vomiting....fever...bloating.....don't ask the GYSGT....get to an ER.

But from your initial post and your last....if the test was the above.....it should pass if not again go to an ER ASAP.

Good luck to you!

Cardboardbox
09-15-11, 08:56 PM
Without getting TMI if the test was a colonoscopy and you are having slight pain after.... that is normal....from the air....being invaded....plus the inflammation.

If you are having excessive pain and fresh bleeding...vomiting....fever...bloating.....don't ask the GYSGT....get to an ER.

But from your initial post and your last....if the test was the above.....it should pass if not again go to an ER ASAP.

Good luck to you!

The test was two days ago, the gas and the pain from the camera have subsided. I haven't seen blood or pus since right after the test because they took biopsies which is a good sign. The pain and the constant feeling needing to go are still here. I'm going to call the pathologist, see what they found and give it a few weeks, hopefully it'll stop. Until then I'll keep giving it my all and do my best because I need to get to the fleet.

Cardboardbox
09-15-11, 09:06 PM
Don't let this fool any of you, I might be in pain but diagnosis or no diagnosis a Marine that's only been in for 10 months is a motivated one. I'm not going to let anything get in the way of living my dream. Semper Fi.

Cardboardbox
09-29-11, 05:53 PM
Thought I'd give a little update now that I have my results back. Mild inflammation found in the rectum and sigmoid colon consistent with ulcerative colitis. I have another appointment with the GI clinic on October 13th.