PDA

View Full Version : Signatures?

Burke7051
09-07-11, 06:45 PM
Did they get rid of the signatures on everyone's pages here on LN? Mine is gone, and so is everyone else in the forums except Sgt Lep haha. Also the edit your signature button thing is gone in the user control panel? Is it just me or is anyone else seeing this too?

S/F,
Burke.

m14ed
09-07-11, 07:03 PM
Check your wallet and your watch Burke,, think we've been burgled.
Mine is gone also...maybe somebody fell asleep doing over night security ??
good thing our throats haven't been sliced.

Most likely a quick way to lessen the load on forums, a lot of Marines dont know how to Minimize, so we all suffer????

Maybe an explination will be forthcomming????
PS: I tried to click the "show signature" box, but as you can see, it didnt work

Quinbo
09-07-11, 07:40 PM
It is kinda weird all the sudden. I have noticed that those with a paid membership still display a signature.

__________________________________________________ _________

http://militarysignatures.com/signatures/member4605.png?971

sparkie
09-07-11, 07:54 PM
I have lost worse. Obama did it. But Bush started it.

jamielang1951
09-07-11, 08:28 PM
Somethings been hinky about it. Sometimes when I try to post a message, I get "You have 5 signatures, BB codes can be enabled by moderators, ect,. ect.".
Drives me crazy because I don't. I had one that said I had 15. Maybe someone is working on it.

Sgt Leprechaun
09-08-11, 12:04 AM
I have NO idea on this. Very weird. System glitch/upgrade/hiccup?

rickyracer
09-08-11, 03:08 AM
Yep they b gone.

Riven37
09-08-11, 06:05 AM
Those who have their forum sig’s are most likely paid membership members, while many of us are not paid members here. I also notice the edit signatures is gone on your profile section where you could make changes to your forum sig’s. This out of everyone’s control (to a point) so lets not worry about it move on and not let this grow into a big issue. You (us) who are not paid membership here can move on by leaving the site or deal with it. If you feel those with special privileges are showing you up by having a forum sig you can become a paid member but I always thought the Internet was FREE I guess not. I personally don’t think it is fair but I am not the owner of ths site with that said, have a fair day.

:p

Rocky C
09-08-11, 06:54 AM
Quick update on the signatures. We have had quite a few SPAMMERS register here only to put links in their signature to drive traffic to their website. Most are from overseas, but some are local in the US as well. So I have disabled signatures from free members as the SPAMMERS are not going to upgrade thier members and that way we know they are legit. We will be doing the same with the website in the profile as well as that is the other area that SPAMMERS like to use.

Sorry for the inconvenience.

Jerry, can I be a Moderator ?
I promise I'll become a Platinum Member :thumbup:.

Semper Fi,
Rocky :usmc:.
All Marine All The Time...:flag:

thewookie
09-08-11, 07:44 AM
Quick update on the signatures. We have had quite a few SPAMMERS register here only to put links in their signature to drive traffic to their website. Most are from overseas, but some are local in the US as well. So I have disabled signatures from free members as the SPAMMERS are not going to upgrade thier members and that way we know they are legit. We will be doing the same with the website in the profile as well as that is the other area that SPAMMERS like to use.

Sorry for the inconvenience.

So, if I pay do I get my sig back? But I doubt I can find again......:confused:

Burke7051
09-08-11, 09:15 AM
Typical.

Sgt Jim
09-08-11, 09:34 AM
I couldn,t find where my signature is if i wanted to,so i can,t miss it.sometimers!!

FistFu68
09-08-11, 10:22 AM
:beer: Here's Mine :beer: :beer:

Phantom Blooper
09-08-11, 11:14 AM
I'm still a grunt.....

I'm still mean...nasty....sick... and opinionated

And I still like to eat it....hump it....pee on it...or walk away just like an old dog....

So I don't need no signature...just sayin'.....otay?:beer:

awbrown1462
09-08-11, 12:04 PM
Wookie may be able to see it now but can he read it LOL

Sgt Leprechaun
09-08-11, 05:27 PM
Ha! I can see his.

Folks, this is a drastic step but it will severely cut down on the spamtoaddery we've been running into the past few months. I know it suvks, but hopefully we can bring the sigs back after a time. Or figure out something else.

Of course if you become a 'paid' member you get your sig line :)

thewookie
09-08-11, 07:29 PM
Wookie... can you see your sig now?

Yes, I can, thank you. I'll gladly keep buying flags and other LN gear to support the site. ;)

m14ed
09-09-11, 04:02 AM
I'd toss a grenade here .
but think i'm gonna let it slide.

Thanks for the Explaination Jerry.
Glad to see that you are still taking
an interest

thewookie
09-09-11, 10:56 AM
Didn't mean to get your hopes up Mike. Just want to check to see if the signitures were still there and would activate automatically if membership was upgrade. Sorry.

Ed, I understand. SgtMaj and I have been engaged with Veterans Direct and just let Leatherneck grow on it's own. Only so much bandwidth for a person. But we are both re-engaging. Big changes coming soon.

Oohrah!

No problem,,, but speaking of supporting the site,, is the Leatherneck store still open, I need new flags???? :) I went in recently to check and it was down.

YLDNDN6
09-09-11, 06:54 PM
I need a good license plate for the truck and one of those convertor mounts so I can put a front plate on the dang thing....maybe some bumper stickers......we gonna be up and runnin' anytime soon? If so, I'll save my moolah and spend it here!

MOS4429
10-03-11, 05:57 PM
No problem,,, but speaking of supporting the site,, is the Leatherneck store still open, I need new flags???? :) I went in recently to check and it was down.

You can always go to Sgt Grit for these. And, no, I'm not a Sgt Grit spammer! Just get his weekly newsletter and have ordered an item or two.

MOS4429
10-03-11, 05:58 PM
Oh, I forgot to add my signature!
__________________________________________________ ___
2012 - End of an Error!

thewookie
10-03-11, 09:17 PM
You can always go to Sgt Grit for these. And, no, I'm not a Sgt Grit spammer! Just get his weekly newsletter and have ordered an item or two.

Thanks, over the years I've gone to/go to Sgt. Grit for and item or two; but I always look to get it here first, and support this site. :flag:

Marine1955
10-07-11, 08:40 PM
[COLOR=Red][SIZE=5][FONT=Comic Sans MS]What's up is everyone missing there signatures or what??
I got mine..

Conch
12-05-11, 05:18 AM
So are signatures coming back soon or what?

silverdollar
12-05-11, 07:34 AM
Along with the re-development of the site, we are re-developing the store as well. Right now it is set to launch 1 Jan.

Right now I am out of flags. However I do have some license plates. Both "Marines" and "Semper Fi". Send me a message if you would like to get one.

How do I get a Semper Fi license plate?

Luke0402
12-05-11, 11:30 PM
So are signatures coming back soon or what?

I didn't even know they'd got rid of them in the first place.

Assaultdog0351
01-19-12, 11:09 PM
How do you edit your signature, I used to have one but it's gone.

Conch
01-19-12, 11:16 PM
They got rid of them a while back for some reason. You only get one now if your a paid member. Free members don't get them anymore sadly. I used to have one too. I honestly don't think this site has any intention of bringing them back.

Assaultdog0351
01-19-12, 11:26 PM
hmmmm, do you know if that is only platinum or can silver and gold use them too... the membership info doesn't say anything about it but i do see one dude that has a sig.

Conch
01-19-12, 11:35 PM
hmmmm, do you know if that is only platinum or can silver and gold use them too... the membership info doesn't say anything about it but i do see one dude that has a sig.

Haven't got a clue sadly. You could ask one of the mods I guess or a guy named Sgt Leprechaun. Their names should appear in green I think.

Lisa 23
01-19-12, 11:48 PM
Assaultdog0351....I merged your thread with one that was already started.

Assaultdog0351
01-20-12, 01:47 AM
Thanks for the merge, based off hwat I've read, I want to make sure paying for a membership willl get me a signature... unlesss there's a different way. I just want to post the pic of my stack from that mymilitarydignature site

thewookie
01-20-12, 05:46 AM
Thanks for the merge, based off hwat I've read, I want to make sure paying for a membership willl get me a signature... unlesss there's a different way. I just want to post the pic of my stack from that mymilitarydignature site

Lets see that salad, Leatherneck, show us the goods!

BTW, thank you for your service, thanks for kicking down doors with known bad guys behind it, and then thank you for taking out some terrorists -- for those of us who can't/couldn't.

Semper Fi :beer: