PDA

View Full Version : i need help!

cattyrc
09-05-11, 10:19 PM
hello, im new to all of this i just joined the website today, ive been looking at alot of the information on this website for a while though, here is a run down of me, i am 23 years old i played college baseball and just graduated from college, i have always wanted to become a marine and i finally have the chance now to do so since i graduated from college and im finished playing baseball, i tried getting into ocs but was denied due to my gpa in college and the recruiter also told me since i was white it was tougher for me to get into right now due to the interest ocs is recieving right now, so i decided to tell my recruiter i wanted to enlist and after two years of serving, try and put together my mecep package? i think thats what it is referred to. i am looking at the mos of 1371 a combat engineer. when i was at the recruiting station a couple weeks ago i filled out all my medical papers and we turned them into meps and i was told i was denied due to the amount of surgerys i have had in the past four years due to college athletics, i was told specifically that it was because i had bone spurs in my elbow and that is considered a reoccuring injury, my recruiter told me that they have to fill out a request form to be sent to a place called bumep and has to be reviewed by the doctor there and he told me there is only one doctor for the whole entire east coast and the process can take anywhere from 3 to 9 months can anyone explain what bumep is, and any advice would help, i want to be a marine in the worst way and im willing to do anything to earn it- thanks for any help - Rob:iwo:

PJones64
09-05-11, 10:32 PM
hey rob tks 4 txting us, marines r 4 u, most definitely

joseywales
09-05-11, 10:34 PM
hhhhmmmmmmmmmmm

DanM
09-05-11, 11:27 PM
It is BUMED,there is more than one doctor who reviews the paper work.It also can take 3-9 months to be approved or non-approved,welcome to how the military operates.

cattyrc
09-06-11, 11:37 AM
thank you for clearing that up, yeah i have learned through the process of recruitment, that there is alot of sitting and waiting

MOS4429
09-06-11, 01:02 PM
"can anyone explain what bumed is?"

Go to http://www.med.navy.mil/BUMED/Pages/default.aspx

I found that by typing in Bing search, "What is BUMED?"

One character the Marine Corps really likes is initiative.

I am going to give you a suggestion for this site, too. There are a number on here who feel if they are going to take the time to respond to questions, that they would like the person posting the question to at least use proper capitalization, grammer, punctutuation, etc., rather than all lower case letters. But that's just an FYI.

cattyrc
09-06-11, 01:30 PM
Thank you, i appreciate the tip and the information.

Marine84
09-06-11, 09:14 PM
To the OP - BREATHE!!

MOS4429
09-07-11, 12:13 PM
To the OP - BREATHE!!

LOL!! :D

Rocky C
09-07-11, 03:13 PM
To the OP - BREATHE!!

:thumbup::banana::D

Sgt Leprechaun
09-07-11, 07:18 PM
Holy.....there is no way I"m reading a long arsed run on sentence like that. Bless those of you who got through that.

Texting is fine, I guess...but even phones have punctuation on them.

Sheeesh.

Caps, commas...periods...oh MY.

Come ON.

sparkie
09-07-11, 08:03 PM
Just shoot me.

Lep,,,, Were's my friggin sig??

Sgt Leprechaun
09-07-11, 10:24 PM
Good question 'Spark. No idea. I didn't dump it LOL

YLDNDN6
09-11-11, 10:18 PM
So, there's no baseball scholarship into OCS???

Signature: This fake signature makes it look like I paid to use this site!
Semper Ubi Sub Ubi!

Moderboater
09-12-11, 02:43 AM
i want to be a marine in the worst way and im willing to do anything to earn it

Advice if you're going the officer route you really need to use correct spelling, capitalization, and punctuation. I would not recommend going the MECEP route but that's just me. One last thing. Marines should ALWAYS be capitalized.