PDA

View Full Version : 911

Bruce59
09-04-11, 07:49 AM
A few days ago I watched the building of the memorial at ground zero
and found it very interesting. But as we get closer to 911 the tv
stations show the planes hitting the buildings and the towers falling.
Those images are burned into my memory from that day, and I
wish not to see them again, I know the story, beginning and end.
Im not saying it should not be shown, just I do not want to see it
again, just to emotional for me.

doc h fmf
09-04-11, 08:26 AM
I Hear You Bruce, Ilived In New York For A Long Time. Went To Brooklyn Every @month To Either Visit My Grandmother Or Pick Her Up To Take Her To Our Home.anywary We Would Visit The Twin Towers, The Un Building Whatever>anyway That Day I Just Came Home From Work And Turn On The Tv And There I Saw A Plane Hiting The Building And Thought To Myself Wtf!!!! And Later On They Reported About The Other Attacks.
I Will Never Forget That Day.

Semper Fi

Stephen Doc Hansen Hm3 Fmf

Sgt Leprechaun
09-04-11, 08:25 PM
I didn't have to watch it...I was there.

And it's not a good weekend or a good day for me.

Trucrimsongold
09-05-11, 09:46 AM
Only time I ever wen't to NYC was when I was a young jar head grunt when swinging it and chasing it was all I wanted to do. My pop lived in midtown Manhattan, his company put him up there for his job for a three year assignment. I had fifteen days leave after a float and I wen't to visit him for a few days. After being a born and raised southerner my whole life and being told how obnoxious "yankees" were and how they kept invading dixie I thought i would absolutely hate NYC and especially the people. I was wrong, people were so cool and there was so much to do anytime of the day or night. The fact is sometimes you learn things and even when you are proved wrong over a period of time you sometimes forget what you learn and go back into your initial mindset. The day 911 happened I'll never forget it I had been a Cop for about 8 years and a supervisor on patrol and just came off working a twelve hour night shift and was unwinding. I saw the first crash into the wtc and thought what kind of moron" then when the second one hit I knew it was deliberate. I was glued to the television and didn't care about sleep my kids were at school one in kindergarten other one in middle school and wife was at work. I was alone and I called my bosses at work to see if we could get in our cruisers and speed up to NYC. I wen't into my bathroom and as I stood I began to shake with anger at first which turned to pure grief and sadness for a bunch of strangers. I was almost hyperventilating as I cried in grief and rage as I watched people jumping to their deaths one by one even when the media didn't show it all and questioned why a human would jump like that I knew from what I've seen in the Corps and as a Cop that these decent people were simply forced to act as animals would. Fire and Heat are something else alright. To be forced to choose such a death to avoid the heat I think seeing that effected me more than anything in my fuel for hatred of the radical fundamental Muslim. I remembered how the very type treated us as we saved them from Saddam Hussein's Republican guard if we got too close to their precious mosque and all being the infidel's that saved their orcharids and homes back in Desert Storm and Shield. Now I'm told over and over that you need to be politically correct and separate the regular Muslims from the Radical ones and all I have in my head are those innocent people, not troops but regular joe's choosing to dive head first out of the tallest buildings known to man rather than be burned alive and I say this as strong today as I did that day. If you mess with the USA. We will level you and destroy your way of life as thoroughly as we can. The only regret with it are the do gooders who spend our money re-building your schools and homes. People say they are sick of watching 911 coverage especially those that were actually there and ofcourse I can understand this. Nobody wan't to relive this atrocity of murder and mayhem. This however is a needed fact of life to remind people out there that there are many people who hate us and our way of life. Too many forget that day and if it was up to me I'd show the videos every day least history is doomed to repeat itself.