PDA

View Full Version : Optimist or Pessimist?

EGTSpec
09-02-11, 06:33 AM
I am asking you to honestly look at yourself, and ask yourself this question:

Do you tend, in any situation, to think about what could happen badly, or do you only see sunshine ahead?

Everybodies p*ssed at me: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dPtaBpK7s7g
It's those little things that p*ss me off: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P0YXPN3aFMQ&feature=related

I find myself seemingly always expecting the worst to happen. And I am usually not disapointed. When I was younger (under 30), I always looked at life through rose colored glasses. But somewhere in my 30s I began to realize my fate in life. Now I tend to see the bad before the good. I trust few people, and suspect those who are friendly to have ulterior motives. I am amazed when a plan goes off without a hitch. I tend to think of friendship as just more work, and noticed the times I tried to make friends, I had to do all the work. Always having to plan events and invite friends over. They never ask me to do anything with them. And when things get tough my "friends" bail on me.

AKA HITMAN
09-02-11, 11:50 AM
Way its going with my dysfunctional family....hope for the best, expect the worst. For the most part, I'm pretty optimistic. I enjoy the feeling of 2 feet on the ground in the morning, might not move too quick, but am happy to be above ground.

joseywales
09-02-11, 03:27 PM
Dear Abby, I saw where you.......oops, sorry, wrong thread.

EGTSpec
09-03-11, 05:27 PM
http://images.ucomics.com/comics/crbc/2011/crbc110902.gif (http://www.mycomicspage.com/bc/2011/09/02/)

micarr57
09-04-11, 08:55 PM
hope for the best expect the worse

Phantom Blooper
09-04-11, 09:12 PM
An optimist stays up until midnight to see the new year in. A pessimist stays up to make sure the old year leaves.

I am two fold.....I like to see the day get here and am thankful to be above ground and I like to the day close and leave all the bovine defecation behind and start anew tomorrow.

But.....will tomorrow come?

Probally but fair and partly cloudy is always the forecast.:beer:

doc h fmf
09-05-11, 05:39 AM
An optimist stays up until midnight to see the new year in. A pessimist stays up to make sure the old year leaves.

I am two fold.....I like to see the day get here and am thankful to be above ground and I like to the day close and leave all the bovine defecation behind and start anew tomorrow.

But.....will tomorrow come?

Probally but fair and partly cloudy is always the forecast.:beer:
I SECOND THAT CHUCK!!!! I SURVIVED 2 BAD CAR ACCIDENT AND HAVE A HEART A-FIB AND ALIVE BECAUSE OF THE MEDS I TAKE.

SEMPER FI MY BROTHERS

STEPHEN DOC HANSEN HM3 FMF

advanced
09-05-11, 06:06 AM
Every Day's a Holiday, and Every Meal a Feast!

cowstep2
09-05-11, 06:19 AM
Lay low; sight high; look forward for a brighter future

sempidr
09-05-11, 10:07 AM
The past is gone,
a memory but a ghost.
The future is never guaranteed,
we can plan it at most.
The present is now and here,
Live in the moment,
Enjoy every opportunity and let's have a beer.

Remember, if it's over, it is OK.
If it isn't OK, it isn't over.

Ever forward.
Sempidr

HST
09-05-11, 12:08 PM
Don't expect anything good or bad, go into every endevor with total objectivity but plan for the worst, then make a back-up plan, if you don't need either, the best happened and you're good to go.

Phantom Blooper
09-06-11, 07:48 PM
A family had twin boys whose only resemblance to each other was
their looks. If one felt it was too hot, the other thought it
was too cold. If one said the TV was too loud, the other claimed
the volume needed to be turned up. Opposite in every way, one
was an eternal optimist, the other a doom & gloom pessimist.

Just to see what would happen, on the twins' birthday their
father loaded the pessimist's room with every imaginable toy and
game. The optimist's room he loaded with horse manure.

That night the father passed by the pessimist's room and found
him sitting amid his new gifts crying bitterly.

"Why are you crying?" the father asked.

"Because my friends will be jealous, I'll have to read all these
instructions before I can do anything with this stuff, I'll
constantly need batteries, and my toys will eventually get
broken," answered the pessimist twin.

Passing the optimist twin's room, the father found him dancing
for joy in the pile of manure. "What are you so happy about?" he
asked.

To which his optimist twin replied, "There's got to be a pony in
here somewhere!"

Phantom Blooper
12-11-11, 09:02 PM
A Pessimist sees a dark tunnel, an optimist sees a light at the end and realist sees the lights of a coming train.

The engineer sees 3 idiots on the tracks.:banana:

Marine84
12-13-11, 08:25 PM
"There's got to be a pony in
here somewhere!"

I was going to claim pessimist because I pretty much see things the same way - if I don't expect anything, I won't get my feelings hurt if it doesn't turn out.

I think I've changed my outlook a little after that! I fell the fk out LOL'ing!

sparkie
12-13-11, 08:32 PM
The glass is half full, the glaSS is half empty,,,,,,, I always saw the glass as dirty.

Osotogary
12-13-11, 10:18 PM
A Pessimist sees a dark tunnel, an optimist sees a light at the end and realist sees the lights of a coming train.
The first thing I look for is escapability. If I see the train coming towards me ...I'll hitch a ride out of there.
Does any this apply to the Tunnel of Love?

Marinemom32
12-21-11, 12:42 PM
I was going to claim pessimist because I pretty much see things the same way - if I don't expect anything, I won't get my feelings hurt if it doesn't turn out.

I think I've changed my outlook a little after that! I fell the fk out LOL'ing!
LOL That was pretty good!