PDA

View Full Version : Questions about Security Forces

Daledo
09-01-11, 03:11 PM
Hey Devils, so heres my deal I'm a Sgt 0811 Section Chief. My battalion is soon deploying to afghan and when I get back I want to go to security forces as my B-billet. I'm having a hard time asking former SF marines in my battalion because they all say different stuff. So here are my questions.

What is the normal routine for the PRP nuke security marines in kingsbay and Washington and do I need a clearance higher than my secret?

What is the normal routine and deployment rotation for a FAST PLT?

Where does FAST deploy to usually?

Where are all the different stations a Marine can get posted at on SF? And where are all the FAST Companies stationed?

These are some of my basic questions and I'm sure my wife will come up with more questions for me later. Ha.

Semper Fi
Sgt. Dale

Marinefelon
09-06-11, 06:01 PM
Give me your info so I can look you up on MOL.... your profile is NOT filled out

Daledo
09-06-11, 08:09 PM
What info do you need? Do you need to look me up on MOL or is there info I can give you?

SEMPER FI
Sgt. Dale

Marinefelon
09-06-11, 08:25 PM
I have your MOS and rank... whats your first and last name?

I just dont want to talk about a PRP command to someone NOT in the marine corps. Not saying your not in the marines... just want to verify you know

thewookie
09-06-11, 09:55 PM
Most guys are telling you different stuff because it varies greatly depending on duty station, rank, and all the other variables.

Most of those questions can/would be best answered by calling over to FAST Co and talking to an NCO. Honestly, they will have the most current scoop and after hours you can most likely get somebody sitting around who's willing to help another NCO.

Probably not going to get anyone talking about routines at PRP command, but yes you need more than a Secret - if you want to be around the nukes.

The number of duty stations has diminished greatly -- especially the good ones...

Good luck, have fun.

Marinefelon
09-06-11, 10:01 PM
Wookie, A secret clearance is all you need for PRP command. Its what I have. Only officers needed TS

Daledo
09-06-11, 11:44 PM
Thanks to both of you for responding. I'm glad someone took the time.

Felon,
I totally understand your concern to check my credentials.
Sgt. Eric Dale

Currently with Golf 2/11
If you want to contact me directly please do at:
Daleusmc@gmail.com

If you need anything else let me know and I'll get back to you. Thanks again

stretchusa
09-07-11, 03:52 AM
PM me and I can get you 2nd FASTs training NCO's number if you want. 1st and 3rd FAST are in Norfolk right now, 2nd in Yorktown VA. In the next few years they will all be moving up to Yorktown.

thewookie
09-07-11, 06:10 AM
Wookie, A secret clearance is all you need for PRP command. Its what I have. Only officers needed TS

Got it -- my bad, in my day you only got on site with a secret, but you needed the TS to get on the real program or inside the wire. Getting old suxs :)

Call the training NCO from FAST -- that is very good information you were given.

Good luck.