PDA

View Full Version : Looking for some answers.

sandy proud mom
09-01-11, 06:45 AM
Hi
My son is at boot camp at Paris Island and he wrote me that he was
getting paper work done for his MOS, which is Intel ,they also told him
that he could qualify for Security Officer at his duty station . My question ,
Is that like an MP ? and is it seprate from his MOS Job.? I would appreciate
if someone could answer these questions. It is a whole new world for me, trying to understand what my son will be doing in the Marines when he Graduates. Thanks.

doc h fmf
09-01-11, 07:00 AM
Hi Mom Could You Do Us A Favor And Fill Out Your Profile So We Know Who We Are Talking To, Plus Site Rules Thank You

Stephen Doc Hansen Hm3 Fmf

sandy proud mom
09-01-11, 07:54 AM
Hi doc h fmf

I just finished updating my profile ,took me a while to manage the site.

Phantom Blooper
09-01-11, 08:00 AM
http://www.leatherneck.com/forums/showthread.php?t=105132&highlight=marsoc

I can't really give you a direct answer .....but this maybe what he is talking about....presidential security?

sandy proud mom
09-01-11, 08:16 AM
Thank You for the info it is a little clear now.

Tennessee Top
09-01-11, 09:55 AM
Doesn't make much sense to me either.

Your son is an enlisted Marine so he can't be an officer or possess an officer's title/billet.

Since he will be going to intel school, he wouldn't be assigned to the security forces or presidential security.

When you write him back, tell him to be more specific and clear about what he is trying to communicate to you (since you are not yet familiar with military jargon or acronyms). You obviously are not understanding what he is writing so he needs to make it clearer to you. My sister has the same problem with her daughter who is in the Navy (she thinks her mom is another sailor and understands the lingo).

sandy proud mom
09-01-11, 10:13 AM
Lol , thanks for the information,it is true I have no clue when he writes me about some of the things that is going on..

Tennessee Top
09-01-11, 12:23 PM
Lol , thanks for the information,it is true I have no clue when he writes me about some of the things that is going on..

After you explain the problem to him, I'm sure he will make more of an effort to make things clearer to you.

My sister only understands about half of what my niece tells her (on a good day).

sandy proud mom
09-01-11, 12:40 PM
I'm just thinking he is being hit with so much information that he can't get it all
down right now. But I am sure he will learn how to be exact with his information
in the future .. Lol. Thanks again for your imput.. I am proud of my boy..

Old Marine
09-01-11, 01:41 PM
I'm betting that the recruit only understands about 1/3 of what he is being told.

DJ860420
09-02-11, 07:36 PM
Security officer is a billet filled at an intel unit. It is an officer billet with duties delegated on down to junior Marines and NCOs. Usually the actual security officer is the BN CO or someone almost as high up. I don't really know what they do, as I am not intel just was attached for a little bit. But I do know it is nothing police, MARSOC, or anything like that. It is a big paperwork billet.

Quinbo
09-02-11, 10:49 PM
Officer is often appended to billet descriptions. For instance the bn SACO (substance abuse control officer) is most often a billet held by a SSgt. I for a time held the billet of TASO (terminal area security officer) and that mostly entailed managing who could do what on the mainframe (3270) and assigning passwords and access privilages to various portions of 3270.

I think it would be a stretch for a PFC straight out of boot camp to be assigned a security officer billet.

FrankTheTank
09-03-11, 01:24 AM
If he is Intel, he was probably at the NSGLO office and they were telling him of the possablities in front of him. They may have been talking about an SSO billet. There are a lot of those lingering around the different intel communities. Though, I would not consider it a "fun" job. More paperwork and heartache than anything else. He should know his MOS by now, that would give you a huge insight into his new world. Good luck, to both of you.

YLDNDN6
09-12-11, 03:33 AM
I went in open contract, and based on my ASVAB scores I was offered two different jobs. The first was the intelligence field (specific MOS unknown at that time) and the second was called Presidential Support, which is the Marines in dress blues you always see saluting the president when he's in or around the Whitehouse or one of his aircraft. Both jobs seemed very appealing to me at the time, but I decided on intel because I was told I would have to own and take care of as many as 6 sets of dress blues along with my standard issue if I chose Presidential Support. Easy choice, and the field led to other very interesting/exciting opportunities.

Tennessee Top
09-12-11, 08:54 AM
I went in open contract, and based on my ASVAB scores I was offered two different jobs. The first was the intelligence field (specific MOS unknown at that time) and the second was called Presidential Support, which is the Marines in dress blues you always see saluting the president when he's in or around the Whitehouse or one of his aircraft.

I always thought the Marine with the helicopter is the crew chief. Anybody know for sure?

Apache
09-12-11, 10:13 AM
Leatherneck is an excellent site for you to gather Intel.

Additional are about.com US Military and *************

While Leatherneck is Marine specific the others are excellent Military resources

Apache
09-12-11, 10:15 AM
************* is what became ********
don't know why that happened ?

YLDNDN6
09-12-11, 05:35 PM
I always thought the Marine with the helicopter is the crew chief. Anybody know for sure?
Top: While in Boot and being wooed for one of these jobs, Sgt Archibeque showed me pictures of some of the Presidential Support Marines. I just remember one of them having to be present when the President touched down...as it was explained to me, a sort of chain of custody thing where the military handed the CINC off to the secret service. That was almost 30 years ago, so things may have changed, or I didn't have a very good grasp of what I was being told....it happens!

ketinsmith
09-24-11, 10:05 AM
Hi,

Can anyone give me reply for it:--

why is it a bad idea from the SEO perspective to host free articles and write ups that are very common on the internet?

How to pass a drug test (http://www.ipassedthedrugtest.com/)