PDA

View Full Version : Just Wondering

Crusader0451
08-31-11, 10:01 PM
How do my fellow Poolees pass the time before ship date and what are you guys doing to prepare?

Of course I have a work out plan which is crossfit + swimming + running. Experimenting with the Paleo diet. I'm taking a few classes at the local community college the semester before I ship. I watch the news loop everyday as I play Bloons Tower Defense, lol. I am also a former Young Marine so I've transitioned to being adult staff up there. I guess that's pretty much my life! How bout you guys?

GRJin
08-31-11, 10:18 PM
How do my fellow Poolees pass the time before ship date and what are you guys doing to prepare?

Of course I have a work out plan which is crossfit + swimming + running. Experimenting with the Paleo diet. I'm taking a few classes at the local community college the semester before I ship. I watch the news loop everyday as I play Bloons Tower Defense, lol. I am also a former Young Marine so I've transitioned to being adult staff up there. I guess that's pretty much my life! How bout you guys?

-I lucked out of my university because I was transferring from another one, so now I have to take all of my classes online for this semester. (Easy work, massive convenience and time saver).
-Physically, I've been trying to swim every other day for like an hour. But lately the weather here in south FL has been on the wet and gray side.
-Work: Looking for a new job. My last one was a temp position.
-Entertainment: Watch True Blood on Sundays with GF. Dexter's starting soon. And since I no longer have any physical school hours, I got the whole day to enjoy the city (Not that there's anything to enjoy down here now that school started for everyone else).

AZTony
09-01-11, 01:01 AM

For me it's:
Crossfit 3 days per week
Armstrong Pullup Program
5 Day Pushup Program
5 Day Crunches Program
Running 5 days per week
Swimming 2-3 days per week
Hiking 1 day per week with a weight vest
Studying knowledge for Boot Camp
Thinking about working but then deciding not to since my ship date is in October
Going on vacations here and there with the family
Hanging out with friends
Hanging out with my girlfriend :banana:

That's the basics, I would be doing college but my ship date is in the middle of the semester so I am just going to wait until I get back to my Reserve unit.

:usmc:

IHaveEGA843
09-01-11, 08:26 AM
8/9/10 hrs through the week is usually dedicated to my job.
Mon and Wed afternoons I have my swimming classes
Tues and Thurs afternoons I go run
Fridays just whatever usually just run
Sat PT at the RS in the morn

The rest of the weekend is usually me spending time with my lady or my fam/doing things around the house for my gma.

My days are really spoken for and PT is really something I dont want to do after I get off but I do it because I want the results so its forced.

Blop
09-01-11, 01:23 PM
I am going to school for one last semester before I ship out so most of my time is devoted to that.

Otherwise I lift, go to PT, and play video games. I would rock climb too, but all my climbing buddies are away at school :(

MunkyVsRobot
09-01-11, 08:40 PM
Before I was just running everyday, Now I have started the Georges St Pierre RushFit program. A wonderful program loving every minute of it. I also hit the gym up with my wife from time to time we go to Planet Fatness so I can get less fat.

I work full time and I have to squeeze in as much wife and family and friend time before I hit the Island I figure once it comes to a month before I leave ill go Part time or quit my job and go PT at the RSS and do my RushFit.

Pchurchill
09-02-11, 12:27 AM
... I am also a former Young Marine...

What's that mean?

I have a year left of high school so that should keep me busy. I have "advanced strength and conditioning" all year long as one of my classes. That means 5 days a week I will either be doing cardio or be in the weight room. As far as entertainment goes: guitar, xbox, cars, and girls.

Crusader0451
09-02-11, 08:35 AM
What's that mean?
Its' kinda like JROTC but It is its own organization. You can do some really cool stuff with them if there is a good unit around where you live. For the most part good units = close to base. It is run by volunteers Mostly older or retired Enlisted Marines who will be doing admin type stuff. And younger local Marines pass through all the time and do hands on stuff with the kids. They will teach you how to march and a lot of knowledge if you stick with it. My unit drills on base and the XO has worked on the base for a long time and has a lot of connections. Probably the coolest thing is that I went to Marine Corps Base Hawaii for two weeks, for free. Got to use their Humvee simulator too!

Lisa 23
09-02-11, 09:10 AM
Young Marines of the Marine Corps League

The Young Marines is a youth education and service program for boys and girls, ages 8 through the completion of high school. The Young Marines promote mental, moral, and physical development of its members. The program focus on charactor building, leadership, and promotes a healthy, drug-free lifestyle. The Young Marines is the focal point for the U.S. Marine Corps' Youth Drug Demand Reduction efforts.

http://www.youngmarines.com/

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Young_Marines

Pchurchill
09-02-11, 05:39 PM
Aye, thanks for the info crusader. And thank you Ma'am for the further explanation and for the links.