PDA

View Full Version : Combat Support, MOS help.

Sweeney10
08-28-11, 05:29 PM
I am Currently a Poolie with a year left of highschool and I have the option to choose my Job. I got a 50 on my ASVAB and I couldn't get my first choice and so I've been Looking into a new Career field,Something with vehicles. I am Currently looking into Motor T Operator or something with Combat support.

Combat Support and AAVs look to be a great job and I was hoping I could get some info and any Advice on Combat Support/AAVs. Is it a good Job to go long term in? Is it likely i'll get to be stationed on a Ship with AAVs? Can I be Guaranteed a Specific MOS in Combat Support (EX: AAVs) What Exactly Does Combat Support and AAVs involve? And just any other helpful tips to help me Decide on Mos.

Any Help or Advice is Appreciated.

Lisa 23
08-28-11, 06:07 PM
Try doing a search on the site....this has been covered before.

Sgt Leprechaun
08-29-11, 11:11 PM
AAV's are more 'combat' than support, even though the MOS doesn't state that. Personally, if those were my only 2, I'd go AAV. You'll have a more interesting career, but that's only a guess.

AAV's deploy, but so does Motor T. Really it depends on what kind of vehicle platform you want to be on and work on....trucks or tracks? LOL. That's about what it comes down to....but tracks do have the benefit of armor plate all the time.

Oh and there are NO guaranteed MOS choices (unless you are a reservist). Only 'fields' not specific jobs.

Sweeney10
08-30-11, 08:09 PM
Thank you Sir,I appreciate the Information. Sounds like I would love to get AAVs but seeing as its luck,i'd also be happy with any other Armor or vehicles in Combat support.

Are their any ways to improve your chance of a specific MOS in a Field or it is truly a name in a hat scenario.