PDA

View Full Version : Guaranteeing a 27XX MOS

Champanzee
08-27-11, 10:41 PM
I know how one can only get their field guaranteed and not their MOS, but with 27XX, the only MOS's available are linguist positions.

http://usmilitary.about.com/od/enlistedjo2/a/marinejobs.htm

Anyways, can one get this guaranteed provided they get adequate ASVAB/DLAB scores?

Also, is this MOS hard to come by and would take time to wait for a spot to open up?

I spoke to an Army recruiter and he said a spot probably won't open up (he was a total idiot though and I caught him lying many times because he thought I was a ignorant kid). Is it like this in the USMC as well?

Thank you all who reply

rem
08-28-11, 11:11 PM
you need to take the DLAB, if you score high enough (doubtful) then don't sign your Statement Of Understanding unless it says 2600 Cryptologic Linguist. If you already know a high priority language then I'm not sure, I think you just have to test out and then go to Goodfellow. though you'll need a TS/SCI clearance, which usually is processed while your at the DLI (it takes a while.)

rem
08-28-11, 11:13 PM
It will open up if you are willing to wait, and not get tricked by your recruiter into signing something else. Don't ship unless you have the job you want.